Oh bugger, think I just bought a house!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
We found a nice 4 bed 2 bath bungalow and we put in an offer. They countered, we countered back they countered again we countered again and the next thing we knew our estate agent is on the phone saying they accepted our offer.

Gotta love my wife. One thing she promised was a back garden with a some established trees.

Screenshot from 2017-04-29 23:41:43.jpg

Sorry I don't know why the image has shrunk, I can't get it to show full size.

There's a couple of trees in the garden but if you look closely at the top picture you can see a fence and some woodland behind. Well according to the listing agent that wooded area is within our property line, seems like prior owners weren't interested in it so they put the fence up. I might have my own small wood to play in.:)

YAY!! the end is in sight for this hotel and concrete jungle. Now just go through the rest of the house buying shenanigans give them money they give us keys and we're good to go. I know that's over simplified but with the help of our agent we'll get through it.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
Lovely Malc. Hope it all works out OK. How is your OH doing ? Was this the one you mentioned to me the other day ?

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Lovely Malc. Hope it all works out OK. How is your OH doing ? Was this the one you mentioned to me the other day ?

That one! oh good god no, wouldn't touch that thing with a barge pole, Debs on the mend thanks she seemed to have perked up when we got the call that they had accepted our offer. This house we lucked out on it had a new roof and new hot water heater, furnace and A/C unit as of May-July last year. Of course a tree did fall on the roof hence new roof but it was repaired to insurance industry standards.

That "other house" was a real dump for more money. The single garage door was rotted at the bottom, the light in the garage had a short in it and there was tape over the switch half the double glazed windows the seals had blown the back door you could see daylight underneath and they had the nerve to ask $349,000 for that dump. The only reason we looked at it is it was in Deb's old neighbourhood of LaDue.

This house is a bit further out in Ballwin which is a more "woodsy"

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Sounds like a great spot, here's to a nice smooth move

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Green is better brain food than concrete and glass.

I spy with my little eye, a great big Trager smoker BBQ, the smoker box is nearest in the picture.
Do you get to keep that, I hope?

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Congratulations! It looks fantastic. What type trees are those? Any chance of a couple of pecan trees on the place?

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Congratulations.

I take it we can look forward to having some new posts from the backwoods of Missouri :)

Oh yeah!! once the 'honey do' list is at least shortened I plan to make full use of the garden and woods.

Sounds like a great spot, here's to a nice smooth move

Thanks mate, much appreciated

Green is better brain food than concrete and glass.

I spy with my little eye, a great big Trager smoker BBQ, the smoker box is nearest in the picture.
Do you get to keep that, I hope?

Hah! I wish. I think they're taking it with them. Besides $15000 off listing price is better that a smoker BBQ, who know once we're done their might be enough left over for one. That is after I buy myself a nice shiny new lawn tractor.:lmao:
Congratulations! It looks fantastic. What type trees are those? Any chance of a couple of pecan trees on the place?

Dunno I didn't get a close enough look at them to tell what species they are. As for the wooded section I only got the briefest glimpse before Debbi called out "Okay, get your mind out of the woods and back to the house".....spoil sport!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Yes. $15 kilobucks is a good discount. So is a plain and simple green space that you can call your own. Good.

My smoker BBQ sits outside my front door, it's no more than a $20.00 yard sale junker.
The valve block was smooth so I bought it. 10 minutes with the bolt cutters and I'm smokin' chickens for 6 people.
Of the other 16 gassers in my life, I do, in fact still have 3 of them and a good idea where 4 others might be.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE