Oak and antler.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Here's one almost finished that i'm making for myself. I've tried a few new things with this one and some ideas have worked better than others. I like the antler collar and the bark effect, but i didn't like the original colour. I tried to make it look like it had been outside for a couple of years so i stained the stick a grey colour. The theory was good but i didn't think it suited the stick so i changed it.
The blank pieces of antler are going to be engraved with the name of a couple of walks i have planned and the date i do them. I may change the top yet i just can't decide what to carve.
oakandantlerstaff001.jpg

oakandantlerstaff009.jpg

Basket work grip and space for more carving or antler.

oakandantlerstaff008.jpg

Some runes viking compass and antler rings.
oakandantlerstaff007.jpg

Blank spaces for the future and more antler rings.
oakandantlerstaff006.jpg

Antler inlay and runes in the back of the stick and strips of fallow deer antler down the sides, with a little carving.
oakandantlerstaff005.jpg

Antler collar, carving, antler ring and bark effect carving. I'll add more pics as i do more work on it.

Last edited:

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Stunning. The detail you put into your work is beyond words. I can't imagine the time it takes to carve the bark finish.
I am lucky enough to own one of Andy's staffs, and believe me, pictures don't do it justice.
Brilliant as always Andy. These things should be selling for 3 figures. :thumbup::thumbup::beer:

touched by nature

Andy T

Settler
Sep 8, 2010
Stoke on Trent.
Thanks alot lads i appreciate it. I learned alot making this, easier and quicker ways of doing things, so i think the next one will be better.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE