Nylon Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pwb

I've been trying out making stuff with a cordura type nylon I bought , this is the second pouch I've made so far with an attempt at multiple attachment options ala molle :).
Having the option to add and remove pouches for firesteels ,pocket knives etc. The clipper sheath even clips on there :cool:.

DSC03943Small.jpg
DSC03957Small.jpg

DSC03958Small.jpg
DSC03944Small.jpg

Just a basic pouch but with added molle straps on the front and a zipped pocket down the back for flat items.

DSC03945Small.jpg

I made up a small molle pouch for a Victorinox Farmer to add to the front ,worked out ok, kind of like the mix of leather and nylon too.
The leather is recycled stuff that was going to be a strop, wet moulded to shape and the black webbing is from an old car seat belt.

DSC03947Small.jpg

DSC03946Small.jpg

Two pouches together could even be used as dog panniers.....maybe . But judging by the look on his face perhaps not :) .

dsc039552Small.jpg

Cheers,
Pete.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I like that a lot. I shall seek your adive as I have a piece of heavy canvas and am interested in simiar.

That dog looks like they shouldn't be messed with BTW.

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
crackin' bit of work there Pete, with a bit of persuasion I reckon the pannier idea has some mileage. Out of interest, what did you use for your edging material?

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
That is a very nice bit of kit You got some skills going there

Oh yeah and I don't think the dog is very impressed with the suggestion

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Very nice work! I'm thoroughly impressed by the neat stitching - did you do it on an ordinary domestic machine or something with more oomph?

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Hi Dan ,
I had real problems with the edging tape as was doing it by hand.
I tried various types of tape and finally used some nylon herringbone webbing I got on E-Bay, 25mm stuff.

Cheers Pete, I use the same stuff but yours looked much thinner. Thanks for the reply

pwb

topknot
very nice, you are coming up with some good ideas mate.
Topknot

Thanks Andy.

Dangerous Dan
Cheers Pete, I use the same stuff but yours looked much thinner. Thanks for the reply

This herringbone web is quite thick stuff Dan but seems to conform to the corners better.
Would love to get hold of the stuff the MOD issue pouch edges are bound with.

Very nice work! I'm thoroughly impressed by the neat stitching - did you do it on an ordinary domestic machine or something with more oomph?

Thanks Kerne,

I wouldn't be too impressed mate :) as the camera is not showing up the stitching in all its gory glory :eek:.
Nowhere near as neat as yours on the canvas packs you make.

All done on an my old domestic sewing machine .
The nylon is so much easier to sew compared to when sewing cotton canvas which nearly killed the motor , had to hand turn through a lot.

Pete.

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Thats very good indeed. I think you should consider going up to "Maker" level - I could see comissions flooding in

pwb

Kerne,
I lied :togo:..not all machine sewn, forgot one bit.... the leather front of the pocket knife pouch was sewn on by hand using good old saddle stitch but all the rest of the stitching was done on the machine. Sorry.

Pete

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hmmm I could see a nice market for shooting and Bushy shoulder bags...and slings too....but you know your own mind best!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE