Notebook recommendations?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
Can't beat TAMs, if you can find an old tams cover you can order rite in the rain paper to fit into it, the holes are also the correct size for filofax personal paper. The whole thing fits in you map pocket with stationary also. I use them regularly for note taking and when you get home just take out the pages you've written on and file them.

The newones look like this:

If it floats your goat I'll have a dig around and see if I have a spare somewhere.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Rite in the Rain are OK, especially in combination with a pencil. I use the hardbound ones as they cope with getting wet better.

But something like a normal Black n Red notebook survives really well too. Just keep it closed in between writing and let it dry out once back.

Can't beat TAMs, if you can find an old tams cover you can order rite in the rain paper to fit into it, the holes are also the correct size for filofax personal paper. The whole thing fits in you map pocket with stationary also. I use them regularly for note taking and when you get home just take out the pages you've written on and file them.

The newones look like this:

If it floats your goat I'll have a dig around and see if I have a spare somewhere.
thats rather handy looking

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
thats rather handy looking

They're quite useful what with being the same size as some of the filofax stuff. I've got a template somewhere to allow you to make up document, print in A4, chop to size then you can punch the holes and laminate them.

I'm not sure whats de rigueur at the moment with the military admin, it may have moved over to the a6 slate cards, turns out there's a lot of paperwork when you're writing orders but in terms of "Rugged" stationery look that that line or construction contractors, though they may be rite in the rain through and through.

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
Personally I buy cheap ones from places like Home Bargains, and pop them in a zip-lock baggie for protection. I find I'm too fussy if I buy a more expensive notebook because I'm frightened of making a mess of it, but with the cheap ones I just get stuck in.

Dave

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I have Fox Tactical binder with brand new Rite in the Rain 980 Field notebook £15

I have Fox Tactical binder with brand new Rite in the Rain 980 Field notebook £15

got a photo? attachment doesnt seem to be working

Crowe

Nomad
Jan 18, 2008
Noewich. Now living in Limosin France
I use a chart well watershed note book. It has plastic pages, unlike riteinthe rain which go soggy when wet. You can clean and reuse chart well with scouring cream. Use pencil, biro or perm fine tip marker or China graph wax

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE