Not very bushy, but made these....

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi All,

Doing a few bits and pieces in the workshop and garden, thanks to the nice weather! :)

Made this as a bit of up- or re-cycling:

33325777158_ec05442556_c.jpg

...an old butler sink found in the garden, now a herb planter with the addition of some treated 2x2. A coat of preserver will go on it tomorrow. Now that I have an operational bandsaw (yay!) a couple of other things we ready to go as well..

The missus found a large offcut of 3/8" ply at a local timberyard, and asked me to make her a flower press. When we did some planning there was enough material to make a big one and a small one, so:

40244884413_60fe1f3f9b_c.jpg

Bolts, nuts and washers are from a sale at Wilko's, so little outlay needed for the presses.

Cheers, Bob

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Great. My first thought for use was "herbs" even before I read the text.
Get the feet out of the dirt. That end grain will soak up moisture to start the rot from the bottom up.
Got any broken tiles to put iunderneath?

Thee's a story going round that sniffing Rosemary leaf odors will improve your memory.
BULLSHIRT
I forgot to water it and it's very dead.

Reactions: MrEd and Nomad64

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Thanks all. RV, three of the four legs are up on broken plant pots, and the remaining (front/right) leg is resting on a concrete paving slab that is well drained. It was the only way I could get the whole thing nearly level, and like you say, it will protect the sawn ends to some extent.

Cheers, Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE