Norwegian Patrol Pack updates & mods.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 30, 2006
Manchester
The Mrs bought me one of the 20L Norwegian Daysacks for my Birthday & although a lovely bit of kit in its own right - I've done a bit of updating with some bits and bobs that were about the place to make it a bit more suitable for my needs. (Which are: Throwing it in the car to take my knife & axe stuff for Scout Camps & going for a short short bimble, brew & fire with my little lad).

I thought this would marry up with one of the Swedish water bottles too, and be practical but "in keeping". I didn't want to end up hacking a nice piece of kit to bits either, & all these mods (bar a couple of rivets) are reversible.

Although not to everyones taste - first thing I did was to treat the sack with an old tin of Grangers Waxproofing & then give it the hot air gun treatment. The leather got a good going over with some Neatsfoot oil.

4def5cfb-ce53-481c-ad1b-be3fd72d8e30_zps3fedbbf0.jpg

Water bottle is attached using the existing, and an additional leather strap. Attached the water bottle clip to the side of the sack to give an additional fixing. (Leather strap can be coiled up and stowed away if not using the bottle)

IMG_23711_zpsb9a763b9.jpg

Close up detail of clip fixing (riveted to leather panel & then sewn on).

IMG_23721_zps2c7cbb1c.jpg

Axe attaches using existing fixings

IMG_23731_zpscfef4edc.jpg

Shoulder strap padding made using some canvas and strips of old karrimat (Although I don't carry this pack long distances - my kit is pretty heavy & the straps are pretty uncomfortable in their original form). These actually transform the usability of the pack.

IMG_23741_zps832b8db8.jpg

Made up internal canvas pocket to hold small bits & bobs (this is held in place with eyelets and the original drawstring).

IMG_23751_zps607b2e26.jpg

Detail of drawstring / eyelet fixing.

IMG_23761_zps03133803.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with this overall, it didn't cost a great deal & kept me out of the pub for a couple of nights - never a bad thing!

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
nice work, tried one myself a while back but didn't get on with the straps - like your simple solution looks like a decent daypack now

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE