North West meet Delamere, 20-22 April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I had a great time, it was nice to finally meet people from the site that I felt that I knew so well already. Topics of discussion were sometimes such that the Mods here would have had heart attacks, but it was all good humoured fun and I learnt quite a lot of things, maybe not all bushcrafty stuff, but most of it raised a few chuckles!! :D

I can't wait for the next one. Goose, thanks very much for organising this one. I'm sorry that the fire demonstration didn't work out, but it seemed that nothing quite went as planned this weekend, the bottle breaking for candle holders didn't want to play the game neither. Maybe another time!

And as a final point (and this may get me flamed!) I finally got to see a Woody in the flesh, and don't know why all the fuss! It's way too big for my hands and we all know the real reason it commands the price it does! It was nice to see a collection of different knives and to compare peoples' differing thoughts and ideas on blade shapes and the like. It's definitely food for thought.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Just got back from the meet. Has to be the best meet I've been to yet. All credit to Goose for the smooth and seemingly effortless organisation
sign26.gif

I can't believe how much I managed to get done this weekend. A bit of leatherwork, loads of good conversation, getting nice new shiny stuff from Outdoorcode, foraging...... in an excellent local farm shop ;) , trying out my new / old canoe and the dog sledding / scootering was so much fun it surely can't be legal... :D

I love that site at any time of year but it was just stunning in the fresh new buds of Spring.

So erm...... When's the next one........ :slap:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
EdS said:
what was the black puding like?

Gorgeous.

Very smooth. Like Scottish black pudding without the lumps of fat that we English like. Almost like pate.

It was lightly spiced, just enough without getting in the way.

I tried to get some more for the freezer on the way past this morning but they had sold out.

Note: Just in case you're wondering what this is about, I found some "Ostrich Black Pudding" in the farm shop we foraged in.

They also had some "Vegetarian black pudding" which I couldn't work out how you could make......:dunno:..... but in the end we decided it must be made out of vegetarians..... :joke:

Mike B

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2006
Wakefield West Yorks
Just to echo what everyone else has said many Thanks Goose for a great meet it was my lads' first and now he's bugging me about the next.
Great atmosphere, great people, great place.
Cheers Fella Mike B....

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Just home myself, some of us had to do a days work when we finished ;) .
Thanks everyone for coming, young and old, we commented last night about the kids that were at the meet, they were all a credit to their parents :You_Rock_ .
A special thanks to John Dixon and M-Power for providing some kit to play with I think it made a big difference to the meet, I wonder how many canoeing, husky and archery websites have been hit already! :You_Rock_
I didn't have a camera with me, so can't wait to see the pictures you lot took.
As for the next one :rolleyes: , I would imagine it will happen but give me a month or two to recover from this one.
For diarys;
Next year a bit earlier at the beginning of April or end of March so we can go and collect birch sap from the surrounding area, if someone can do a tutorial on birch sap wine maybe?
Another possibility may be a New Year meet, with a building and bunks for those who cant face a hammock in December/January, but this will be more expensive because of hiring the building and I may need to take bookings and deposits IF it goes ahead.

Gailainne

Life Member
I got back about 15:15 it was a great weekend, really enjoyed myself, it was great to meet people and I hope to meet you all again very soon. Goose :You_Rock_
Everyone was great, eager to help, share knowledge, totally chilled weekend :D .

Here are some photos I took during it.

My camp (with a little..eh lot of help from Wayland, cheers mate)

CIMG0001-3.jpg

Graham sharpening Outdoorcodes "Woodie"

CIMG0005-1.jpg

He not only sharpened both blades on my SAK to hair popping status, but also my SC_Barker woodsman. :D As well as giving myself and a "few" other intersted parties a lesson in sharpening, including the use of toothpaste as your strop compound. Glad to meet you mate, and I look forward to the next time.

Wayland in his Kayak, with John giving a few paddling techniques. Theres no eyes on it Wayland :eek: You'll have to remedy that my friend.

CIMG0021.jpg

Goose having a go at Waylands packable kayak.

CIMG0029.jpg

I think the smile on Bens face just about sums it up.

CIMG0017.jpg

I have some more

I'll post then in a bit.

Stephen

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Just to echo what everyone else has said:

Great site, cracking meet up - got to meet some old friends and some new ones :)
Wish i could have stayed longer, and i'm looking forward to the next one :D

Many thanks to Goose for sorting this out, :You_Rock_

Steve

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Cheers Goose, another brilliant meet up. :You_Rock_

Thanks for the lifts to and from the station. I got into work at ten to nine this morning. I was obviously my destiny to stay another night. :D

It was great to see some familiar faces and meet some more people behind the avatars, there was a real community feel this weekend. Enjoyed learning new stuff and enjoyed passing skills on even more.

Looking forward to the next meet.

Stu

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
well its all neem sed but thank you to goose for the site all that shered stuff and waylander for lending me the tarp and hammok and then evry one els for jenraly beeing a grate bunch :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :You_Rock_

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
xylaria said:
Thank you everyone for such a great weekend. The whole family was made to feel welcome. Never met so many poeple prepared to eat my weed pie :D before. I will make a bigger one next time.

Fiona

I would eat it any day of the week, it was delicious!

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
I had a cracking weekend, big thanks to goose for arranging it all, graham for setting my hammock and tarp up (didn't fancy kipping on the floor) and everyone who turned up to make it a great first meet for me :D it was great to put faces to names and can't wait till the next one. heres the few pictures i took when i remebered :rolleyes:

P4210011.jpg

P4210007.jpg

P4210006.jpg

P4210005.jpg

P4210004.jpg

P4210003.jpg

P4210002.jpg

P4210001.jpg

ABCD0001.jpg

fishaben

Jul 17, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
I think it is safe to say that everyone had an absolutely wonderful time and I really can't wait until the next one. :D
I would just like to say a few thanks to Goose (for organizing such a great meet at such a great site) Wayland (sheath repair) John Dixon (huskie ride,canoes and archery) Mike B (for tips on this and that) Spamel (for being really funny) and everyone else that went (for great company) :You_Rock_
Like I said I can't wait until the next meet, hope to see you all there again.
Ben

Steve R

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
Lincolnshire UK
Thanks Goose for organising the weekend, and thanks to all who helped me/gave me advice and lessons. Had a great time, learned loads and a lot about refinements to my kit.
Sad to be driving home on Sunday but then cheered up, there will be another one! :D

Great bunch of people you all are.

Emberglow

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2005
Bolton
Thanks Goose, another great meet, I didn't get to do much as I had to fit it all in around work, but just so nice to chill with old friends and new.

Next time I will book more time off.

Liz

Owner and Proprietor of the Pyramid Inn - open all hours :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE