North West meet Delamere, 20-22 April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
spamel said:
Cheers Wayland. I am gonna drop Ratbag a line and see if he is still on for the lift up, I think he said he can only stay the one night so I will be staying just the one aswell, but it will be great to finally meet some other axe wielding loonies!! :D

Got my pass stamped in triplicate, so we're on (if there's room for one more).

Pretty please!

Rat

peds8045

Sep 4, 2005
Telford, Shropshire
Goose, i may be able to make it from fri pm to sunday morning though it depends on the work comittments.... If i get there i will bring some money this time....honest :)

Dec 20, 2006
Staffordshire
Hello mr xylaria here .
Got the time off work for this weekend :) if you have room for one more?????? More of the willing than the able perhaps but it would be cool to meet the people me misses talks about .

We all should be down there for friday evening (do you get a prize for the worst tent at the meet? ) love to camp out but never gone for the full bushcraft bit before. i promised the misses no latex swords this weekend :(

smiles all round

Del.

S

shaunmcdonald

Have spoke to my missus about this meet and we might be joining you guys if thats ok but i will have the 2 bin lids with me. Is anyone else taking kids ? How far is the walk from the car park to the site ?

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
shaunmcdonald said:
Have spoke to my missus about this meet and we might be joining you guys if thats ok but i will have the 2 bin lids with me. Is anyone else taking kids ? How far is the walk from the car park to the site ?
The car park is on the camp site the area we are using is about a five minute walk from the car park, if you have heavy gear I can get it taken by trailer to the site as vehicles aren't normally allowed around the site.(obviously site tractor is exempt :rolleyes: )
There are a few kids coming along, I am trying to sneak out without mine ;) but they may do a day visit :sulkoff: !

S

shaunmcdonald

Thanks goose will see what happens in the week and hopefully see you there :)

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Goose said:
Here is a multimap link for forest camp;
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....on=&zm=0&scale=25000&upright.x=62&upright.y=5
Forest Camp is just below "Cheshire Kennels" on kennel lane. I will put up signs from A49 to guide you down the lane to the site.
We have got the gullery, the site we had at the first meet up there, which is a bit further to walk but a better site for our needs. If anyone has a lot of kit or heavy kit(Gary or Andrew!) I can arrange to get it dropped off/picked up when needed but you won't be able to drive your cars onto the actual site. There is a big car park by the wardens hut that is reasonably secure, and there will probably be wardens staying over anyway.
I have spoken to John Dixon :You_Rock_ and he has agreed to take butt targets and be the person responsible for the archery, it is a condition of the scout site that somebody is qualified for us to do archery, so feel free to bring your bows :) .
We will also take a couple of open canoes for people to try out on the (small)lake, I need to build up my coaching experience,but this needs confirmation for the use of the lake.
John has also suggested bringing a couple of huskies for some of the time if anyone fancies having a go at mushing along the Whitegate Way?

If anyone fancies adding any ideas into the mix of skills that you can bring or any skill you would like to see demonstrated speak up and let people know. I dare say there will be ad hoc demos all over the place usually firelighting, sharpening, knots, hammocks, show and tell etc just happen anyway.
For anyone who hasn't attended a meet up before it is very informal, stuff just happens or word is passed about a demo in half an hour to get people together there is no real timetable of events or idea of it being a "course", it is the way stuff happens on the forum people get chatting and ask questions and the next thing there is a full scale lesson or demo happening, or it fizzles out and another bottle is opened around the fire!

The only costs involved are the campsite fees, £4 per person per night, unless you buy something from someone(outdoor code is coming,hide your wallet!), and there is no responsibility taken by me(especially!!!) or by anyone doing a demo, I have booked the venue, that is all, everything that happens there is your own PERSONAL responsibility. This is the type of legal disclaimer I like http://www.bigwall.com/legal.html Someone, with better typing (and thinking!)skills than me needs to write one of these for bushcraft meets!
Thought I would bring this back up and remind people to read post 1 too, the thread has got huge now and I know how difficult it can be to find answers to questions!
I can't beleive how big this has got now, what have I done? I blame Razorstrop for starting the NW meets :rant: and my wife blames Wayland and Wandrin' Star especially for encouraging me!
I am getting all excited myself now, it is going to be a good weekend meeting some old and new faces, if someone could bring a camera it would be good, I usually have mine but never find the time to take pictures!

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Goose said:
The car park is on the camp site the area we are using is about a five minute walk from the car park, if you have heavy gear I can get it taken by trailer to the site as vehicles aren't normally allowed around the site.(obviously site tractor is exempt :rolleyes: )
There are a few kids coming along, I am trying to sneak out without mine ;) but they may do a day visit :sulkoff: !

Goose,

Could I make use of the trailer please as along with the family comes a bit more kit (the tent is a bugger to lug). How should I announce myself when we arrive? ps I will bring my camera.

Shuan,

I'm also bringing 2 pan lids (lads aged 11 & 12).

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Wayland said:
Have we had confirmation for use of the Lake for canoes?
Yes, and archery! We have to sort out details of when we can use the lake at the weekend with the wardens on site. :D
If anyone needs to get stuff from the car park to the site find me first and I will organise it on the day. I will group the kit together and cut down on the number of times we have to pester the wardens to drive down.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE