North West meet Delamere, 20-22 April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Not long to go now......im getting all giddy......its time to start packing my pack as it will take that long to decide what to take and what to leave behind,also got to find somewhere to pack the firebreathing stuff. :D

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I would love to attend in some sort of capacity but the missus works Saturday morning and I'm on-call Friday night so not sure if it it will be a day trip with the family on Sunday.

Would that be ok?

Steve R

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
Lincolnshire UK
I am now a definate :D :D :D :D

My new tarp arrived yesterday from The outdoorcode :You_Rock_ good bit of kit and lightning fast dispatch, can't wait to try it out.

Question: Do the full facilities mentioned in post one include a drinking water supply at or near the campsite? (sorry if its a silly question).

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Wayland said:
You're on the list soldier.... ;)

Cheers Wayland. I am gonna drop Ratbag a line and see if he is still on for the lift up, I think he said he can only stay the one night so I will be staying just the one aswell, but it will be great to finally meet some other axe wielding loonies!! :D

Wayland

Hárbarðr
EdS said:
should I bring a couple of bags of logs with me on Friday?

Anyone got any use for some 20l veg oil drums - like you see out side chippies? Guess 5 minutes with the angle grinder and they would make pretty ok small braizers / fire pits.

Anyone feeling brave - I might of got round to bottling a couple of pints of slider by then - Looking for a victim, sorry volunteer.

I'll bring some tin snips and a hammer. There are so many of us coming a couple of braiziers sounds useful.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I think this is the up to date list.

( List moved to #173 )

I think this must be the biggest NW Meet yet. Thanks due to Goose for organising it all. :You_Rock_

It looks like I'll be turning up on Friday morning. I'll bring my usual heavy camp support stuff like fire tripods, hearths, cauldrons and the like in the van until we see what we need. (And until the tractor is available.. :D )

I'll also bring some craft stuff and folding canoe just in case so my dreams of turning up with just one bergen will have to be postponed again.

Definately looking forward to this...... :red:

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I've just spoken to the missus regarding a visit on Sunday and mentioned that we could camp Saturday night if she's up for it and she was so looks like the whole clan (including Buster our heinz 57 variety muttley) will be coming on an overnighter.

I will be bringing the hammock and tarp hoping for a spot of guidance but the crew will be in the family dome tent if that is OK.

We should get there mid afternoon Saturday if all goes to plan otherwise it will be the Sunday day visit.

Gailainne

Life Member
I plan on finishing up work on friday about 13:00, microsoft autoroute says 3 hrs 44mins, I say 3 hrs we'll see whos right :)

Wanderinstar is hopefully bringing my underblankie :)

Outdoorcode is hopefully bringing the stuff the postoffice pinched :censored: , thank you Andrew.

I dont know if I'll get Ceggas new axe in time or not, but I will bring my other shiny'es and my sharpening stones/hones, plus other bits and pieces.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend I must admit, a chance to relax, chill, cool out, de-agitate, is seriously high on my wish list at the moment.

Really looking forward to meeting you folk :) see you all next weekend

Stephen

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I may be there Thursday night (if it's possible) leaving late Monday.
Is there anything in particular anyone wants to learn?
We have plenty of people who are good at various skills, what do people want to know. Just so people can bring relavent stuff.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Yes Stephen I will definitely have your blanket and a few others too. Looks like someone in Post Office is an up and coming bushcrafter. My replacement Kelly Kettle went missing as well.
Will be good too see you all again.
Graham. What are the best stones to get and what grades?

Mike B

Tenderfoot
Feb 13, 2006
Wakefield West Yorks
I know it's a bit late in the day but couldn't find out I was free till tonight.
Essentially a canoeist but after the combined Achray meet you got me hooked,
so hopefully me and the youngest will be able to make fri-sun.
Cheers for sorting this Goose. Mike B....

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Ian, frankly, you can use just about anything. people get very precious about various sharpening systems. the truth is that you are only removing metal.
you can get as good an edge with a hoodoo hone made from wet 'n dry for less than £5 as you can with £100 worth of waterstones.

That said, I like my DC4. that and a strop with paste will take care of anything edged.
Someone is bringing along a set of waterstones though so I can do a tutorial if anyone is interested.
Just give me a shout.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE