North West meet Delamere, 20-22 April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Wow. Looking better and better - I can't wait.

With a lake about I'd normally bring my (proper) inflatable open canoe, but I may not bother as it is just a day trip, and we'll already have all the baby stuff (unless anyone is thinking of getting one and so wants a look - they are obscure enough to be difficult to find "in the flesh".)

As I say - can't wait!

Ben

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
would anyone object if I bring the other half - she has decided she wants to come and play. I spent long enough pursuading her to in canoe wild camping so its a start.

Down side - we'll have to bring the big tent and air matress.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
EdS said:
would anyone object if I bring the other half - she has decided she wants to come and play. I spent long enough pursuading her to in canoe wild camping so its a start.

Down side - we'll have to bring the big tent and air matress.
She is more than welcome, there is plenty of room for tents as well as hammocks.
There are a few places she can visit nearby, craft shops,outlet village, forest trails and suchlike if she doesn't want to spend the day on site and prefers walking, shopping or whatever.
Ps, as long as you blow up the mattress yourself!

Gailainne

Life Member
If I bring my Icebear stones and a sh...eh my knifes will someone give me a sharpening lesson ? It would be very much appreciated, I seem to dull my knifes rather than sharpen them, especially my SAK and Seger M4 which are in every day use. I also just bought a bushcrafter from SC Barker which I would like to get hair popping sharp.

Ceggas axe has gone onward :( but a new one is winging its way shortly, an axe sharpening technique would also be very much appreciated.

I told you I was interested in everything.. I was'nt kidding.

Regards

Stephen

EdS

She knows thare well having lived in Liverpool for 10 years so can sort her self out but to be honest she wanting to make thing out of wood etc. More into the crafty / traditional skills side of things. To be honest your more likely to find me shopping than her.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
EdS said:
She knows thare well having lived in Liverpool for 10 years so can sort her self out but to be honest she wanting to make thing out of wood etc. More into the crafty / traditional skills side of things. To be honest your more likely to find me shopping than her.
Sure there will be something for her to do then!

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Sounds like this is turning into quite a 'Gathering'. Cheers Goose for organizing. :D

Count us in if there is still space Friday to Sunday
Looking forward to meeting up with everyone.

Neanderthal & Kalahari

"From the dawn of time we came, moving silently down through the centuries. Living many secret lives, struggling to reach the time of the Gathering, when the few who remain will bushcraft to the last. No one has ever known we were among you.....until now."

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm gonna go with a maybe on this one. It will be my first moot as I have just returned in the last week or so to UK, and at last have started meeting people I know from online. It is a wierd sensation, I must say!

So, I will spend the next few days sucking up to the missus, making her breakfast in bed and brews whenever she wants, she's german so she'll be a tough cookie to crack, but I've watched the great escape and know I can win this one over! I'll bide my time!!

Hopefully, I'll see some of you there!! :D

spamel said:
I'm gonna go with a maybe on this one. It will be my first moot as I have just returned in the last week or so to UK, and at last have started meeting people I know from online. It is a wierd sensation, I must say!

So, I will spend the next few days sucking up to the missus, making her breakfast in bed and brews whenever she wants, she's german so she'll be a tough cookie to crack, but I've watched the great escape and know I can win this one over! I'll bide my time!!

Hopefully, I'll see some of you there!! :D
:lmao: Hope to see you there shall I send you a spoon so you can start a tunnel Great escape style :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Singeblister said:
:lmao: Hope to see you there shall I send you a spoon so you can start a tunnel Great escape style :)

Got the spoon sorted already, working on the papier mache head and the suit made from old blankets. I just don't know how to make a bowler hat out of a margarine tub!! :lmao:

EdS

should I bring a couple of bags of logs with me on Friday?

Anyone got any use for some 20l veg oil drums - like you see out side chippies? Guess 5 minutes with the angle grinder and they would make pretty ok small braizers / fire pits.

Anyone feeling brave - I might of got round to bottling a couple of pints of slider by then - Looking for a victim, sorry volunteer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE