North West meet Delamere, 20-22 April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I think it is the same as last time, possibly the field beyond. I can arrange for the trailer to take any large heavy items if we are further away from access.
"Carry less by knowing more!" I know where they keep the tractor so that works for me!

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Wayland said:
Extra Firebreather added..... :slap:

I quite liked the other location, the longer walk was no bother, it made you think twice about what you really needed, but it's all good for me... :D
I liked that one too, I am going to cross Ts and dot Is this week and I will post full details with map etc by the weekend.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Here is a multimap link for forest camp;
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse....on=&zm=0&scale=25000&upright.x=62&upright.y=5
Forest Camp is just below "Cheshire Kennels" on kennel lane. I will put up signs from A49 to guide you down the lane to the site.
We have got the gullery, the site we had at the first meet up there, which is a bit further to walk but a better site for our needs. If anyone has a lot of kit or heavy kit(Gary or Andrew!) I can arrange to get it dropped off/picked up when needed but you won't be able to drive your cars onto the actual site. There is a big car park by the wardens hut that is reasonably secure, and there will probably be wardens staying over anyway.
I have spoken to John Dixon :You_Rock_ and he has agreed to take butt targets and be the person responsible for the archery, it is a condition of the scout site that somebody is qualified for us to do archery, so feel free to bring your bows :) .
We will also take a couple of open canoes for people to try out on the (small)lake, I need to build up my coaching experience,but this needs confirmation for the use of the lake.
John has also suggested bringing a couple of huskies for some of the time if anyone fancies having a go at mushing along the Whitegate Way?

If anyone fancies adding any ideas into the mix of skills that you can bring or any skill you would like to see demonstrated speak up and let people know. I dare say there will be ad hoc demos all over the place usually firelighting, sharpening, knots, hammocks, show and tell etc just happen anyway.
For anyone who hasn't attended a meet up before it is very informal, stuff just happens or word is passed about a demo in half an hour to get people together there is no real timetable of events or idea of it being a "course", it is the way stuff happens on the forum people get chatting and ask questions and the next thing there is a full scale lesson or demo happening, or it fizzles out and another bottle is opened around the fire!

The only costs involved are the campsite fees, unless you buy something from someone(outdoor code is coming,hide your wallet!), and there is no responsibility taken by me(especially!!!) or by anyone doing a demo, I have booked the venue, that is all, everything that happens there is your own PERSONAL responsibility. This is the type of legal disclaimer I like http://www.bigwall.com/legal.html Someone, with better typing (and thinking!)skills than me needs to write one of these for bushcraft meets!

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
This event is looking better by the minute! Well done to all involved.Just realisedd today, I'm away that weekend! Nightmare! :( So unfortunately will miss this great event. Was really lookig forward toit, but such is life, and there will be others, no doubt. If I get back to somewhere near home on the Sunday, will there be anyone left onsite? If so, I'll definately call in. Thanks,Andy..

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Andy J said:
This event is looking better by the minute! Well done to all involved.Just realisedd today, I'm away that weekend! Nightmare! :( So unfortunately will miss this great event. Was really lookig forward toit, but such is life, and there will be others, no doubt. If I get back to somewhere near home on the Sunday, will there be anyone left onsite? If so, I'll definately call in. Thanks,Andy..
Should be, last meet I stayed the Sunday night and went straight to work, might be a bit quiet but pop in and say hello!

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Sounds good I can't wait really looking forward to this. This will be my first meet and the activities sound good never fired a bow before.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Goose said:
I have spoken to John Dixon :You_Rock_ and he has agreed to take butt targets and be the person responsible for the archery, it is a condition of the scout site that somebody is qualified for us to do archery, so feel free to bring your bows :) .
We will also take a couple of open canoes for people to try out on the (small)lake, I need to build up my coaching experience,but this needs confirmation for the use of the lake.

I shall bring my bow along too. My certification is out of date but I used to coach archery too.

If we can use the lake I'll bring my folding canoe out for it's first outing..... :D

Andy J

Forager
Oct 28, 2006
north wales
Thanks for that Goose, thats me convinced! travelling home from Scottish borders Sunday, so will drop in and say hello. Shot a longbow a couple of years ago whilst camping at Llyn Gwynant, Great fun, not very accurate, but still fun! thanks, Andy. 40 something posts on here now, soon I'll have a tenderfoot...Ouch :)

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Ive got new toys for the weekend , a couple of very very nice knives from Singeblister and hopefully a new axe, new sharpening gear and If it ever turns up,a new hammock and tarp.
So at the risk of having all the kit and no idea ( i will be bringing stuff i know how to use just in case) and if you hear a scream then a bloke being chased by his mrs in the middle of the night then you know i have not set the hammock up right :lmao:. Im really looking forward to getting out and getting them used and no longer having no idea..... :lmao:
With all this stuff i have just purchased for this "cheap" weekend away im bankrupt :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE