North West meet 10 - 12 November2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
unfortunatly i doubt i'll be able to make it to the meet.
if i can get there i will, but it's looking very doubtful at the moment.

D

Deleted member 4605

:( You had to pick the one weekend I wasn't away with the Scouts didn't you! ...and I've just arranged to take some friends climbing on the Saturday. Oh, and I am out with the Scouts on Remembrance Sunday.

:sigh:

Next time Gadget, next time...

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'd have liked to have come along, but my bushcrafting is over now until the spring. The old knees are really aching now the cold weather is here. Wish I was 18 again!

Eric

John Dixon

Forager
May 2, 2006
Cheshire
dwardo said:
I think the closest station might be the one near me in elton as its about a mile or two away :) If i can arange the time off which is looking good ill pick you up there and take you down ;)

I have never been to a meet before an was just wondering what will be going on ie skills/demo`s/info etc :D
ther nearest station is sandiway, just 2 miles from the scout camp, i can pick from there if you wish just pm me to arrange..
regards
john

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Here is a link for a map to get to the site.
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.s...=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf
The site is just off the A49 near to the junction with the A556. The road leading to the site is opposite Overdale Lane across the A49. Follow the track(there is a small scout sign at the top), past a few house and buldings until you reach a 5way junction with gates. Take the gate on the right, it is a muddy track but cars get along no problem, cross the bridge and there is a car park on the left, this is the Sandiway site. There is a building and a field to its left, we are using the area behind the field to the left of the building(looking from the track).
I will be there from early Friday(work permitting :rolleyes: ) and will put up some signs from the A49 to confirm the way for everyone. If anyone wants to go a day early or leave a day later it is no problem, just let me know by PM so I can let people know.
If anyone needs a lift from a nearby station, drop me a pm with details and we can sort it out. If anyone needs a lift from further afield, I am driving from Widnes on Friday morning but I am probably going to stay Sunday night and go straight into work Monday (wife permitting :rolleyes: ), so would probaly not be able to take anyone home.

The plan is to have a get together and anyone who has any skills will pass them on, there is no formal timetable but don't be scared to ask around, the skills are there some people just prefer to be asked for their help rather than feel they are pushing it on people!
If anyone has a skill they want to learn post it up, I am sure someone will offer to help :D .

Any questions about the weekend, ask away.

fishaben

Jul 17, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Hi all,
I have quite a few shotgun cartridge match boxes (matches not included) ready made including wet and dry sandpaper (for lighting matches). I will be bringing them to the meet and selling them 2 for 50p (colours may vary), if you are interested please post or pm me. :)
Ben

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
sorry to miss it as i was looking forward to it, but serious problem with wife meant emergency section. baby alisdair 5lb 14oz and healthy, wife just out of surgery and keeping her under anesthetic for 12 hrs post op recovery...but he has my red hair too.
will be at next venue whenever

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Congratulations Dave :D . It is an amazing feeling being a new dad, take loads of photos they don't stay tiny for long! :(
The meet is going well, I am going back in a few minutes just returned from remembrance Sunday parade. Only a few of us there, I think the weather has put some people off, but we have been reasonably sheltered and had Emberglows hot house to shelter in too!
Got to get back now and do stuff! :D

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Fantastic venue. Had a great time, just like Spring Meet. Thank you Goose for organising this. :You_Rock_
Nict to meet new people, Pete, and old friends. One from as far away as Dartmoor. see what a reputation this site is getting.

fishaben

Jul 17, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
I had a great time too and its was nice to meet up with a few friends and make some new ones :).Great site. Thanks Goose for organising it :You_Rock_ and how was your last night there?? Can't wait for the next meetup I go to.
Ben

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE