North East Meets - Which months suit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Preferred Month

• Total voters
I am posting this to see if it will help us get a better idea of when to hold our meets. Our April meets are usually pretty busy but our past 2 September meets have been quiet with the one planned having very low numbers.

So are there any particular months that would be good to have meets up here (either at Haddo or Glen Tannar) so that we can increase numbers at events.

Also are people happy enough with 2 meets a year. Is this too much or too little? (Not intending to put more work to you Craig, just want to see what the consensus is :) )

I think one thing that we are missing up here is a regular site like some of the meets down in England where they have a wood that they can turn up to each month or few months.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Im happy with any month except May really. My limitation is that as I work every second weekend, the ones I'm off are often busy.

All spare weekends from now on will be taken up with multi-day walks in prep or a coast-to-coast walk in May next year

KP

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
yep im ok for most months but you know me all depends on getting a lift lol.

But I agree September seems to have smaller numbers. After this one we can put it to the vote and switch it.

atb

Craig

( PS Andy you always make more work for me :D )

Im happy to do any time of the year, though for the winter months I would need to get some better gear for that.

Yep I like to create work for you. :) Seriously if you need help I can help out.

What would the possibility of getting a regular wood to use? Not sure how to go about checking that out up here unless anyone owns a wood? Someone on here said they did but we never heard back from them.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Im only pulling your leg mate,

If i need a hand I will give you a shout, you can always be my chauffeur :)

Well the possibility is there mate we would just have to find the right place. I can dig into my contact to see what comes up. Most of the woodland around here is either forestry commission or council owned and we would have to go through the right channels to get permission to use regularly.

The other thing as well is location from each of us, I don't think Chaz would be to happy traveling all the way up here to the woods I was on about evrytime we planned a get together.

I will contact the council about white cow and see what happens

atb

Craig

grilled bear

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2012
Aberdeenshire
I think a regular wood is an exellent idea as I'm stilling scoping out around the area to find a spot. Any month good for me as well which is why I havn't voted for any particular month.

Seems like June is in the lead and you are right Eric, it would give us the opportunity to check our gear before heading down to the moot.

Hopefully some of regulars can give their insight as well if they see this. :)

In addition to that how is the frequency of the meets we have? Is 2 a year enough or would 1 or 2 more be great. Craig don't take this as me trying to pile more organising work on you, just putting out feelers for this to see what the responses are.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE