No Permissions to Access

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Hi Rich
I have had the same issues and have tried using different computers and locations ie work and home. Cleared all cookies and password info etc, signed out and signed back in still same problem no access to home page only forum

in that case shewie ignore the PM i just sent you and i'll change my password back!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The only way I can get the error to come up for me is to log out, then when I hit my favourite link or the home tab it fails. Once I log back it's all okay again.

I nudge this one with Admin again me thinks

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Even if you do a "search" and select bcuk - it takes you straight to the access denied!! Sorry, but it's definately a "site" problem!!! Too many people using various methods are having the same problem !!!!!!

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
same again today.

just to satisfy my own curiosity i've just tried signing in to the forum using android on a HTC wildfire, same result as everything else i've tried "access denied etc."

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I get mixed results....using tapatalk, if I open in browser I get a different view ....like a mobile orientated version
02610d45-788e-7cef.jpg

02610d45-78ce-dce7.jpg

Then I hit open full site....and it appeared as it should....
02610d45-78ff-c15e.jpg

Then I hit go advanced....
And I get the reoccurring versions with no upload smiley option etc.....
02610d45-7948-4e5e.jpg

My phone.is set to web view but this overrides it :confused:
02610d45-7a20-f3db.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Same here ~ no access to the home page from any port of call. This lack of access includes trying to access with swmbo's phone ~ a device which has never been used to access this site ;) . The message comes up whether I'm logged in or not.

My shortcut is www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/ - which works okay

Once I'm on and hit the Home tab it takes me to a slightly different www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/content.php - also working okay

Nope, no access for me on those links'

Are other Mods / Admin similarly unaffected? If so, could it be a permissions thing of the same type which blocked non FM / Maker members from accessing newly created 'Article' thread links a while back? :dunno:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
still the same here, surely there's someone tech savvy enough between us to work this one out :dunno:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I wouldn't like to say Phil, as far as I know it isn't everybody that is affected

I'll bump my post for Admin again

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I wouldn't like to say Phil, as far as I know it isn't everybody that is affected

We usually get more 'Fine for me!' postings though :dunno: . From Chiseller's and swright81076's posts (#51 and #25 respectively) it would seem that Tapatalk could be unaffected ~ input from other Tapatalk users might help confirm whether that platform, as a whole, is free of the issue.

I'll bump my post for Admin again

Cheers :D .

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've just had another thought, what ISPs are you guys on, I wonder if it's a kind of DNS related problem which one of them is having?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I've just had another thought, what ISPs are you guys on, I wonder if it's a kind of DNS related problem which one of them is having?

I've no access to the homepage on Google Chrome, AOL (and, by default, IE) and Android (EDIT: I'm guessing at 3 for the phone).

I've tried logging out, removing the bookmark, emptying cache / temp files and then logging back in ~ to no avail. I didn't, however, shut the computer off before logging back in ~ I'm not savvy enough to know whether doing that would help :dunno: .

Last edited:

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire

BT at home, but i've tried with my android phone too and i guess the ISP for that is orange :dunno:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE