No.1 Green Architecture!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Fancy a house in the woods... and need an architect?

Look no further than here... http://www.oas1s.com/

No idea if they're a good architect, but surely not a good photoshopper!

So so bad. LOL :D

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
That's grim! You wonder how anybody could let that go out to represent their business, eh?

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Interesting concept... Nice ideals... poor presentation. I'm not sure the media actually saw the mockups before going to print (mockups - no it's not a typo!): THE HUFFINGTON POST: These Epic Treehouses Of The Future Blend In Seamlessly With Their Surroundings. I'm sure the finished product looks better, only I can't actually find any on the web... But, then again, there may be 10 of them in my neighbourhood and I have just not noticed!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I don't even like the idea of those, let alone the presentation style... they may be more 'green' than the regular boxes being built by the major house builders, but the future (particularly for our cities) needs to be much more focused on the group rather than the individual.

There is a project currently underway, and whilst it may not suit everyone, it takes into account the need for communities to be formed, environments to be created that allow a mix between nature and architecture... recycling waste water to enhance the environment rather than just filling a drain... transportation solved by having everything within a reasonable walking distance and a focus on working with nature.

Unbelievably it's in China... the last place I would have thought to develop something like this... but I hope they manage it and prove that it works.

future-eco-city-1.jpg

future-eco-city-2.jpg

future-eco-city-3.jpg

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Is it a community project for rehousing anyone Dewi, or just the more affluent Chinese?

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Is it a community project for rehousing anyone Dewi, or just the more affluent Chinese?

I suspect it will be for the more affluent... but the project itself is complex... there is so much going on with the architecture that works with the environment... for instance, there is no heating or cooling system in the building... it is all done through manipulating air currents. Like I said about the water waste... it is used to maintain the plants and more besides. Whilst I may not agree with the way the Chinese rule their people, they are doing some amazing projects.

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
If it reduces or 'neutralises' carbon footprints and increases plant and animal life I'm all for it Dewi. If you are following its progress perhaps you could post again in the future? I used to work for JCB as an energy management engineer, as you might imagine, trying to significantly reduce the carbon footprint of a manufacturer using thousands of tonnes of steel, paint, diesel and megawatts of power was a bit difficult. The engineering academy they built utilised an Archimedes screw type turbine generator to supply much of its power and you can see it online if you're interested.

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
There are some of those moss walls in London somewhere. Really can't remember the building, but tbh they looked so neat and 'right' that it was only with a second glance I realised what I was looking at.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I saw one in London too. It was to the north of the road that goes past the Art Deco building that is now a Tescos.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
on the theme of more eco / carbon friendly cities I came across a documentary which had a bit about Masdar city in it, and this was very interesting. It's good because it is actually being built [some of it is even habitable now - apparently] rather than the concepts I see pictures of quite frequently of the floating eco city type things.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE