Night Grape Vine Possum!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MegaWoodsWalker

Forager
Jul 10, 2014
Connecticut USA
I was doing my standard 5-mile conditioning backpack night run. The weather was great. No bugs and the temps cooled down.

For fun jogged a few miles using the MD2 Lithium ion low mode which can't be more than 5 lumens. Too stressful during the pitch black night off road. I guess if it needed to be done it's doable though would walk next time using such a low mode.

It's better on the higher setting. Notice the bright paracord break-a-way DIY lanyard with reflective loop. I don't like losing stuff in the dark.

New England stone wall.

A tad overexposed.

A tad underexposed. Night photography using headlamps or flashlights is really hard to get perfect.

My headlamp and backup flashlight case holding a Fenix HL50 and 4/7 NW mini both in 1XAA. Again a reflective/brightly colored paracord loop. I don't like losing stuff in the dark.

I have seen all types of critters in the woods during my nocturnal adventures but this is a first. Grape Vine Possum!!!!

Thanks for looking!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
How freakin' cool is that! You got him/her. I grow riparia grapes here at 53N.

Your night lighting. The intensity falls off as the square of the distance.
You double the distance, you get not half but 1/4 of the light.
You got to measure with your body length and get tuned into that distance/light intensity.
Do lots more. Digital is dirt cheap. Write stuff down until you get the hang of it.

MegaWoodsWalker

Forager
Jul 10, 2014
Connecticut USA
How freakin' cool is that! You got him/her. I grow riparia grapes here at 53N.

Your night lighting. The intensity falls off as the square of the distance.
You double the distance, you get not half but 1/4 of the light.
You got to measure with your body length and get tuned into that distance/light intensity.
Do lots more. Digital is dirt cheap. Write stuff down until you get the hang of it.

That is one pro to digital photography. Cheap to take more pics. Thanks for looking and the advice as well!!!!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I've done old analog photography for almost 60 years.
Can't shake off the concept of "get it right" with film as I can blast
away with digital, delete 49/50 and still look like a hero.
I confess that I've done that with 645 and 120 but still tedious to soup it all for a look.

The Opossum: fairly specific habitat in wild grape vines?
Body looks maybe 10" long or less, Correct?

MegaWoodsWalker

Forager
Jul 10, 2014
Connecticut USA
I've done old analog photography for almost 60 years.
Can't shake off the concept of "get it right" with film as I can blast
away with digital, delete 49/50 and still look like a hero.
I confess that I've done that with 645 and 120 but still tedious to soup it all for a look.

The Opossum: fairly specific habitat in wild grape vines?
Body looks maybe 10" long or less, Correct?

Yea it took me some time to get used to the idea of keep on taking pics. Nope. First time I seen one on a vine. Around a foot long minus tail but they get bigger.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Funny beasts.

Queen Isabella of Spain was shown an Opossum with young in her pouch.

(The possum...not the queen.)

Very amazing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE