Nice bushy on ebay...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Hi All,

Just a heads up for anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced hand made bushy:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=200251740382&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

I bought a similar item from "Smallholder1" a few weeks ago and have been very pleased, beautifully made knife and IMO excellent value for money. I think the maker is a member on British Blades?

ATB, Jon.

PS, usual stuff - no assiciation with the seller, just a happy customer etc, etc...

leon-1

Interesting to see that he's used Danish Oil and beeswaxed it. I wouldn't have thought that you would need to with a handle which is of an acrylic polymer base. Also there is no mention of what the RC is (should be between 57 - 59 for O1).

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
Interesting to see that he's used Danish Oil and beeswaxed it. I wouldn't have thought that you would need to with a handle which is of an acrylic polymer base. Also there is no mention of what the RC is (should be between 57 - 59 for O1).

i don't think it's neccessary, but just adds a nice sheen

leon-1

i don't think it's neccessary, but just adds a nice sheen

Sorry mate I should have used smilies, that was an attempt at irony. Fine grades of paper and a polishing wheel would do the job as well if not better.

Oiling what is effectively a plastic handle will just make it slippery and beeswax is pointless as I have just said you can do a better job with a polishing wheel and compound.

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
That is a nice litle getup for the price!... have to agree with Leon1 though, corian absorbs less than .1% liquid while soaking for ovr 24 hrs. Corian does however have a tendancy to blush (turn whitish when left for longer extended periods... which leads me to believe that there's a little vinyl chloride involved as well) though. If the handle is a little slippery, try this:
surf wax (about $3). Buff the handle, or leave it, and smudge some surf wax on there. regardless of where and how you use the knife, IT WILL NOT SLIP out of your hand.... and hot tap water can take off the wax when you want to replace it. Comes in some bizarre smells though :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE