Niba

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tweeders

May 7, 2009
Co Antrim
there is a really lovely, relatively new forest up near where i used to live. hard to describe where it is, rathkenny, if you know it. between broughshane and clough.
i'm sure i could speak to the farmer.
it's not open to the public and very remote, so no idiots trying to ruin things.
just a thought.

there is a really lovely, relatively new forest up near where i used to live. hard to describe where it is, rathkenny, if you know it. between broughshane and clough.
it's not open to the public and very remote, so no idiots trying to ruin things.
just a thought.
By all means, please do. I live just outside Ballymena, so i know the area you are talking about.

tweeders

May 7, 2009
Co Antrim
ok celt_ginger,
just head out the cushendall rd till you get to turtles of rathkenny, take the right turn just at the garage, the knocken rd, then the first left, killygore rd. then 1/4 mile ish first right longmore rd, carry on along the longmore rd till the stagger junction then turn left along the glen's brae rd. you go down a hill, then back up again and you'll see a small forest on your right.
it's quite small and new, but its quiet. if you want me to have a word with the farmer, just let me know.

Crapbag

Good luck with the association guys. I found it challenging to make things official down south but it was worth it. The Mountaineering council of Ireland have been very welcoming. The BMC have a better structure for bushcraft ive been told. Have you had any dealings with them?

M

Mouldsy

just a thought.

check your PMs mate

Lore

Forager
Dec 19, 2003
Co Meath, Ireland
Best of luck guys. Its always great to see people who are intrested in bushcraft ( whatever that maybe ) get together and have fun. I'm looking forward to the first North/South meet.
Enjoy the Outdoors. June/July suites me for the meet,
Happy Hanging,
Tony

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
Thanks for the good luck mate. We have made contact with the MCI . We will also have a look at the BMC also. Our biggest issue is land to practice on although that is also now in hand. Thanks again and maybe we can have a joint meet sometime in the near furture. :)

well done lads. definately up for some joint meets. where we can enjoy some serious joints of meat. :) looks like 09 is the year of irish bushcraft.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Well done boys. I have been away on holidays but I knew ye were scheming up there :D. The website looks great and I like the new avatars. Hopefully we will get a good North/South gathering going at some point in the year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE