Next Delamere.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
I would be very interested too. I seem to remember in the distant past about a site down that way, that was difficult to get to. Is this the same one? Wasn't there a thread up about it?

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
Glad to hear of the interest as I was beginning to think we'd been sent to Coventry which would be annoying as it's a lot further to travel.

"I seem to remember in the distant past about a site down that way, that was difficult to get to. Is this the same one? Wasn't there a thread up about it?"

We have posted about this before - there's a thread called 'Weekend Retreat' in Out and About posted by Dwardo and we tried to organise a meet last autumn but only a handful came along. I think the title of that thread was something like Marches Moot or North West and Wales Moot or something.

I've got some fresh pics that are nicer than the weekend retreat ones so how do I upload them?

As for being difficult to get to - it's not that bad and adds to the sense of distance from civilisation even though there's a village less than a mile away. There's a really beautiful walk in - hence the plan for a kit store to save carrying too much but four wheel drives can come in and the owner will ferry stuff in too. In fact if you're lucky he may even let you use his 4x4 if he's not around to help you himself. He leaves it at the farm. Hence the desire to create a kind of membership so there's 'responsible' use by folk who feel they have a stake in it. I actually call it 'my wood' though more in the context of 'my friend' rather than 'my house'.

So, shall I start a new thread rather than hijack the Delamere one?

BIG_emu

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2005
Cheshire
^ I'd also be interested.

and too upload photos I would use something like photobucket. Upload your photos there then copy the IMG tagged photo adresses. sorry that sound more complicated than it actually is. I don't understand how to use pictures hosted here

Ben

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
^ I'd also be interested.

and too upload photos I would use something like photobucket. Upload your photos there then copy the IMG tagged photo adresses. sorry that sound more complicated than it actually is. I don't understand how to use pictures hosted here

Ben

Thanks Ben - I've just uploaded a bunch now into the Llangollen thread.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE