Next Delamere.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Ahh, I thought that would get some ears pricking up. No sadly I'm not organising one. But I heard a rumour that Delamere was finished for bushcrafting. Does anyone know any more.
GOOSE WHERE ARE YOU. COME BACK, WE NEED YOU.

WilS

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2008
North Wales
Would be very handy for the likes of me, not too far for us North Walians. Lets hope those wheels keep turning nicely. :)

Will.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Chaps,

I have been with Goose this weekend and am afraid to say that it's quite likely that the Delemere meets as we know them are no more which is a massive shame as the site is great for our kind of meets. There are issues that revolve around the fact that it is a scout camp and CRB issues so meets arranged openly on the forum are proving problematic.

Having said that there is a glimmer of hope that we may have access to private land in the area which could provide us with somewhere to hold meets in the 'Middlemud off season' ie summer ;) :lmao:

Watch this space...

WilS

Need to contact Admin...
Feb 3, 2008
North Wales
That's a shame, but if there's something else in the area then I may yet get to meet some of you guys in person. I'd be on my best behaviour, honest. :)

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
That's a bit off, considering how much work we put in clearing the ditches for them last year.

It's a shame, I really liked that site.

It's not a definite though Paul it's just that there have been issues that Goose is trying to work out. Fingers crossed things will happen and hopefully there'll be a NW meet somewhere in the summer to look forward to. I can see your point about letting us clear ditches (me excluded as I had a broken hand at the time) but then saying 'thanks but sorry, you can't come back'. That is sucky.

Salix

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
Bolton
As i have said many times i can make it happen...........................

For a first hand appraisal ask Jacko, Ratbag and Matt Wier........i think they had a good time, even if we didn't get a lot of charcoal :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Mark

lightfoot

Forager
Jul 5, 2006
Chester
If you can't have a meet at Delamere you can have one at an 18 acre wood Dwardo and I use which is only about 20 miles south of Delamere near the Welsh town of Llangollen. In fact you can have a meet there as well as Delamere if you want.

We've developed a good relationship with the owner and neighbouring farmer and have a basic kit store at our camp - big kettle, some pots and pans a few spare tarps and the like. We've also made and acquired several bows if anyone fancies a go at archery.

There's plenty of room for hamocks and tents. There's also several springs on site (though we always boil just to be on the safe side). Access isn't as convenient as Delamere but that makes it much more private. I'm happy to leave kit there after all.

Matt's been and can tell you about it and if you want photos I have some but you'll have to tell me how to post them up as I've never figured that out.

One thing we'd really like to do is create a kind of 'membership of users' for the wood so if you're interested in that idea (being able to use the wood pretty much whenever suits you) then why not come to a meet and see it for yourself and meet the owner, Dwardo and myself.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Matt's been and can tell you about it and if you want photos I have some but you'll have to tell me how to post them up as I've never figured that out.

One thing we'd really like to do is create a kind of 'membership of users' for the wood so if you're interested in that idea (being able to use the wood pretty much whenever suits you) then why not come to a meet and see it for yourself and meet the owner, Dwardo and myself.

Indeed I have and it's a great site if as David says something of a safari to get to but if you know where you're going then it's fine and well out of the way.

As for the membership idea count me in!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE