Newton Stewart/ Galloway

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Petewhitefang

May 28, 2011
Sheffield
Recently went camping starting near Newton Stewart and around Loch Dee. Has anyone been there? I found it to be such a beautiful place, but the majority of paths on the OS maps for the area, do not exist in reality! Pretty difficult to navigate sometimes.
Oh, if you are going soon be warned that it is INCREDIBLY boggy and midgy at the moment. Good fun hearing the midges ping off your tent trying to get at ya when you're cosy inside.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I was there on a course a couple of years ago....beautiful part of the country.

It was November so I think we were fortunate enough to have missed the midges but certainly very boggy

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Was fortunate enough to live in that area 2005-2007, Gatehouse of Fleet, Creetown and Barstobrick was where i was located, my plans were to make the move permanent but unfortunately it didn't work out, would go back there in a heartbeat if i had the opportunity, plenty of hunting and fishing and wide open spaces away from 'civilisation'.......... what more could you want. Used to hunt Roe deer at a place called Black Craig just off the A75 about 3 miles out of Newton Stewart, beautiful spot that still calls my name to this day, you could drive straight past it and not even know it was there.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
It's not far from us here.
we have meets at loch trool but usually before and after the midge are out.
Fat ferret of this parish is doing up a house at the loch.
it is indeed a beautiful place.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE