• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
S

stitch

hi my name is joe i am a younger member and joined this site in hope to learn more about this stuff. i was introduced by my dad GW :)

S

stitch

thanks i wasnt expecting such a warm welcome well all i can say is this rocks :You_Rock_

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Glad you like the place.... feel free to get stuck into the forum as we are quite a friendly bunch here. Any questions, just ask :D

:)
Ed

S

stitch

dont ask me to ask you questions ask GW you will never hear the end ;)

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Hi Joe and a very warm welcome aboad BCUK.

Hope you've recovered from the weekend. Shame you could'nt fit the bows in the car. However a good reason to practice those knife skills with that shiny new Mora J gave you.

As Leon-1 mentioned there is a huge amount of information here. I suggest you have a play with the search engine and see what comes up and if your not sure of something you'll find plenty of friendly folks here to help.

Love the avatar BTW - cool

Best wishes

David (AKA Moduser :D)

S

stitch

i havent had a chance to use the knife yet as ive been busy with schoolwork. roll on the weekend.anyway if its nice weather im gonna go up to the woods and make some new ones (hopefully) thanks for making me welcome ;) :D

S

stitch

also i forgot to add this site is addictive and awesome :notworthy :notworthy
quite puzzling at first though :confused: but its probably common as this is the first forum ive ever been on once again thanks for the help :D :D :D

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
stitch said:
also i forgot to add this site is addictive and awesome

I have to agree with that Son.

Welcome to BCUK, now you can see what I've been going on about for so long :rolleyes: :D

I would like you all to meet my Eldest, he's a great kid with a real interest in anything outdoors. He already know how to light a fire, make a bow and can ask more questions than can be answered :lmao:

GW (having a very proud Dad moment)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Howdy Joe,

Nice to see you again mate....you'll have to see if you can get the fire on for my coffee before I get up next time ;)

Red

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the BCUK community...

Loads of stuff to learn here, including coffee for British Red no doubt, have put your bows and arrows in the shelter so you will be able to use them next time, you just need to fletch the arrows.

All the best

LS (S1)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Remember what David and I told you mate (and practice at home).

Get lots of little stuff together first so you can "feed" the fire. Get the little stuff going well first for a few minutes and gradually add slightly thicker stuff in that criss cross pattern I showed you.

Don't "smother it" with too much stuff too quick but build up gradually.

I did a big write up on fire stuff a while ago - GW should be able to print it off for you

Get GW to make you a big metal tin (an old roasting dish or something) so you can practice outdoors. When you wear that firesteel out I'll make you another one - but remember - always get GW or Hawthorn to watch (they need to learn to make me coffee too :D)

Be lucky mate

Red

S

stitch

i will try but where do i get dry wood from? it is not fair :twak:

Rhianwen

Dec 7, 2005
East riding of Yorkshire
Stitch, remember what Red told you at the weekend? Wood is only wet on the outside. Cut the outside off and it's dryer. Also, remember us cutting those trees down? :lmao: Plus, we have a big wood about half an hour away from us....we can always collect some next time we go. Chill out matey :rolleyes: :D

You KNOW you can make fire, now you have to learn the details of doing so, and there'll be plenty of information on how to do so on this forum, and the other you've just joined up to.

(((((hugs)))))) and big sloppy mum kisses *grins wickedly*

S

stitch

Before you start been mean remember i choose your nursing home :D lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE