Newbie needs hand holding (hyporthetically speaking)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
I'm based in Chepstow area and I'm keen on getting more experience on all things "outdoors".

I've struggled up until now as I have always worked weekends, but from the end of Feb I'm a man of leisure and will have ample time.

If anyone from South/Mid Wales is planning a trip and is happy for some company then please do give me a shout. I'm still finding my way around the forum at the moment and will sign up to whatever meets I can.

Thanks
Bo

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome!
Keep an eye on the Welsh meet ups forum threads and you should find a welcoming bunch to hold your (metaphoric) hand :)
I like your username mate!

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Cheers John, I'm just working my way through the threads now.

Names Richie by the way, although Beau/Bucpehalas is my alter ego on many a forum. I was a big fan of Alexander the Great when I was growing up!

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Hello and welcome to BCUK!

If you check the meetings section you'll find that there are quite a few groups who fairly reliably arrange a 'meet' every few weeks or so. It might not be a bad idea to get along to one or two of those.

If they're all too far away for you, why not arrange something yourself?

It might be worth looking at the 'community -> groups' link too. The 'community' link is near the top of most forum pages but it took me a couple of years to find it. :rolleyes:

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Ah ha, Forest of Dean Explorer Scouts (South) are looking for adults to help out ;)

Mmm. I have a friend who is a scout leader and the commitment he givs is scarey!
I'm waiting for my kids to get bored with gymnastics so they can join scouts, but I've been waiting years now.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Welcome aboard Bo

A friend & I sometimes get out near Dewstow for short walks, I can give you a shout when I'm next in the area.

In the meantime, have fun on the forum

ATB

Ogri the trog

winst0nsmith

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2012
South West Wales
Hi,

I'm new here too, folk seem really friendly, I see you've found the meet near Neath, looking forward to meeting you and all the other folk there.

Love the name, I have a thing about Alexander too, Gaugamela was one of the greatest strategic manuvers of all time and Tyre was a feat of engineering brilliance, the man had balls, no doubt about that.

C

caerbannog

Hi all, pardon me as i'm a newbie to the site and started off in Aberdare in the south many moons ago ;)
I was just wondering if you are still able to bivvy on the moors above Rassa, Ebbw Vale? Any input would be greatly appreciated, thank you.:confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE