New TV Series 23/01/10 Heads-up.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
Inside every Spaniel is a idiot trying to get out.

:lmao: rude! my spaniador (half spaniel, half lab, all sociopath) puppy is a year and a day old, i can appreciate the sentiment.

thanks for the heads up on the tv series. looks interesting.

cheers, and.

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
It sounds good. I hope it's better than the bbc2 series with the other marine biologist that tried to be a `20th century forager` and didn't seem to actually forage for anything!

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I'd like to challenge Hugh F-W to do that. If you ever watch his programmes he only picks a few things and adds them to shop bought stuff. I doubt very much he hasw ever cooked something up from only foraged or hunted stuff. I just hope he joins the marine biologists in the foraging side too. Surely the Scottish coast is quite a good foraging location? I mean there must be good stocks of shellfish and fish too. Then seaweeds and various plants are found in those coastal regions. Isn't there seabuckthorn or something like that if its in season. Sorry not much of a forager really and not gone far into bushcraft yet but even with my limited knowledge I'd take a long time to starve up there. I think. I hope. If not then Ray Mears has failed with me.:D

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Interesting. My nephew was telling me recently about someone he knew of in Mull who was asked about foraging by someone involved with River Cottage folk, who agreed to show them in return that they used his kitchen. Now it all begins to make sense... Looking forward to this, although read that they did spear fishing, lucky gits... lol

cheers,

"Expect spear fishing, caber tossing, mushroom picking, goose culling, lobster baiting, log rafting, fly fishing, whisky tasting, urchin eating, wild swimming, salmon smoking, mussel picking, paddle surfing, scuba diving, shark swimming, and even sword dancing in a boys own adventure holiday of a lifetime." - Can't wait! :)

legin

Tenderfoot
Nov 30, 2009
Spalding
Curses! Found this thread at 16:05, so missed the first ten minutes or so. They did not seem to find as many shoreline edibles as I expected.

Nigel.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE