New to this

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 26, 2017
bradford
Hello, thank you for reading this post. i am looking at trying my hand at bushcraft and feel very excited and nervous to the do's and don't. i plan to try my 1st over night out soon in the woods behind my house to start building my knowledge. i was wondering is this private or open land? theres three trees, orange lines for the hills i think and i arent sure of the colour of the land ive attached a link below. thanks ( if any local people in shipley / bradford out there for local advise?)
warney2005
grp

Pioneer72

Tenderfoot
Aug 30, 2016
Shropshire
Welcome to the forum :)

That area isn't defined as open access by the map, so being where it is I would guess it might be council owned common land, which they may not be happy with campers on it to be honest.
(image isn't showing on the forum but I copied the link in the image and pasted to a new window).

I would actually recommend hooking up with one of the groups on this forum who have established bushcraft camps on land with permission, everyone is very friendly and would welcome a new enthusiast to share knowledge and have a good weekend in like minded company
:camping:

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Hello and welcome.
Take the time to search through the posts . There are lots of really good tips and advice for beginners ...

Pioneer 's post just above is a typical example !
:)
Hope you enjoy the forum!👍

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE