New thinking for outdoorsmen; 25 years experience

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leahcim

Tenderfoot
Aug 2, 2011
USA
I spent 3/4 year every year for 25 years in the woods, tropical, and desert. I have learned alot, and come up with my own survival thinking. look at my page on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/erinisabella33?feature=mhee I talk about what is really important, with ideas of the 4 elements, triangle of life, web of life, factal geometry 'patterns of life' telling time and direction without anything, 5 senses to study plants. I dont own a camera since I am a nomad, and videos are talking made in winter in desert in a tent. but dare you to reallylisten to this thinking and applying it in your next survival trip. to really master the woods, we must become the animal and the plant. People study lighting fires, in reality that is the thing least needed, if ever needed. How do the animals live? and applying it to your life.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Firstly, welcome to BcUK :) It's good to have you here.
It's a family friendly forum with very few rules and guidelines. We do have some on advertising and self promotion; please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with them. They can be found here
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45

Secondly, I'm going to shift this thread to Introductions and Welcomes.

Thirdly.....this is the UK, it's wet, it's temperate, and the use of land and resources for the majority is greatly restricted.
In late Autumn, Winter and most of Spring it's cold and dark enough that fires aren't just for cooking.

The first signs of humanity.....fire and tools :D

cheers,
Toddy

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Hi dude, welcome to the forum.........I have issues with this phrase man.........".to really master the woods, we must become the animal and the plant."..................Animals & plants don't 'master' the woods, they are part of it.......to master nature is a human aspiration........& if I'm to emulate nature I must become as one with it, not dominate it.....hope you hear where I'm coming from.
Had al look at your videos, & if I can be brutally frank, I think you've gotta change your stlye man, lighten up, there's so many negative waves coming through, my brain stopped functioning half way through 'em,..... couldn't decide if I was back at school or watching a filmed message from a hostage about to be executed by terrorists....I'm sure you've got some interesting things to say, a philosophy to pass on but it just ain't getting through........humour helps pass a message as does energy so try & put some umpff in it, don't look so serious or felorn,......hope you don't take all this the wrong way, just trying to help.....all the best.

B. Frank.

Last edited:

Lou

Settler
Feb 16, 2011
the French Alps
twitter.com
Hi there, nice to meet you.

I like your wind, earth, water, fire, water approach there. I see my whole surroundings as a complete synergy of all four elements, plus the Japanese element of Ku - creative energy or spirit. It is a lovely idea to think of all the elements working in harmony, the elements we find in our surroundings including our own creatively which works with these elements.

I think you can look at the order of importance of the elements in many different ways, your way is a little confusing, like you have bent the elements to fit into your way of thinking, and it is quite hard to remember which comes first, so, I think the most important thing in a survival situation particularly, is to think about the synergy of the four elements as a whole and our own use of Ku within that synergy in order to stay alive.

In a bushcraft situation, we take that a step further and use Ku within the elements to enjoy and 'master' our living situation at our leisure.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Welcome.

You must teach me the art of looking well dressed and scrubbed in the bush. For a nomad you are extremely well turned out.

I look like something the dog dragged through the hedge after just my first night out.

Enjoy the forum

You can't learn it BOD, it called James Bondism, either you have it or you don't.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE