new site is very bright

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
has anybody else had problems viewing the new bright site.i find my eyes are very tired after a short time,shorter than on the old site.i am photo sensitive to light.i imagine the site will stay like this,is there any way of me changing or toning it down.

R

rdevonshire

has anybody else had problems viewing the new bright site.i find my eyes are very tired after a short time,shorter than on the old site.i am photo sensitive to light.i imagine the site will stay like this,is there any way of me changing or toning it down.

Hello,

The site will have it's original theme back, or at least a modified version of this theme (temporarily).

You could (if you really need to) turn down the contrast/brightness of your monitor, using the buttons on the front/side of your monitor. This will reduce the irritation a little.

Problem with restoring the original template/design/style is that it may cause issues/errors when using the site - which is what we're trying to avoid at the moment! :)

I'll prioritise getting the site back to it's original style.

Ryan

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You can turn down the brightness in control panel Gill but it's a bit of a faff changing it back again each time. Try some evenk snow goggles or maybe a pair of sunglasses :)

I prefer the new colour scheme now although it did take a bit of getting used to. I have to remember whether I'm on here or SOTP though sometimes.

Clicking on the Full Member forum you get the old style back, it looks a bit garish now though.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I must be missing something. I find the new color scheme much more easy on the eyes than the old one. Much less contrast. :confused:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Looking at the old style colours in the FM section I think I prefer the old style ones myself. They have a bit more of a woods feel to them, that I like.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
has anybody else had problems viewing the new bright site.

Me too. I had to hit the brightness button a few times when it came up.

Looking at the old style colours in the FM section I think I prefer the old style ones myself. They have a bit more of a woods feel to them, that I like.

yeh a nice greeny ,autumny, outdoorsy woodland colour.:D

Agreed, much more woodland like and easier on the eyes :)

R

rdevonshire

For those that are suffering, I've allowed the selection of the old forum style in your profiles.

However, the style is out of date and currently not 100% compatible with the latest forum software - so it may have some minor issues, or features missing.. if it does cause you grief, simply switch back to the default style.

You can change your style by doing the following (while logged in):

1. Click 'User CP' at towards the top left of the screen
  2. Under the 'Settings and Options' menu on the left, select 'Edit Options'
  3. Scroll to the very bottom of the page and you'll see 'Forum Skin' - it'll be set to 'Forum Default'
  4. Select 'BCUKMAY07' and click 'Save Changes'
Cheers,

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Thanks Ryan - can you explain why the full members form was 'old school' though (not complaining obviously, just curious...)

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I must be missing something. I find the new color scheme much more easy on the eyes than the old one. Much less contrast. :confused:

I agree, actually I find the old style very dreary:eek: although, nowhere near as bad as british blades ( main reason I've never bothered registering over there)

Obviously, if people have genuine health issues with the current style, then it needs revisiting but I would be quite disappointed to have to go back to the way it was.

R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE