New Rucksack from Karrimor - Predator - Sabre 45 replacement?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I like the shape of the new packs but ...

How practical are the Molle attachments for general bushy activities ? I've often wandered why civvy folk go for these kinds of systems as I was always taught to pack all my kit on the inside and main pockets. I can see why they're useful for the forces but the idea of attaching small pouches and other paraphernalia to the outside of a pack is all wrong to me.

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com

How practical are the Molle attachments for general bushy activities ? I've often wandered why civvy folk go for these kinds of systems as I was always taught to pack all my kit on the inside and main pockets. I can see why they're useful for the forces but the idea of attaching small pouches and other paraphernalia to the outside of a pack is all wrong to me.

I don't know about you Rich but I often take one of these Bushcrafting with me.

1220174594-Serious_firepower_and_easy_to_loose_rucksacs.JPG

:)

Last edited:

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'm popping up to see Ian at Red Deer Outdoors on Sunday as he has both models in stock and while I really don't need another sack (to add to the 16 others!!!) he assures me they are very , very ,very nice.
N

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I'm popping up to see Ian at Red Deer Outdoors on Sunday as he has both models in stock and while I really don't need another sack (to add to the 16 others!!!) he assures me they are very , very ,very nice.
N

Hmmm!

16 packs... That's great! Its not just me!
happy0009.gif

Neil, don't let the little irrelevance of 'need' detract from your choosing to buy another pack... Its never stopped me!
happy0009.gif

Glosfisher

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2007
Cotswolds

For fieldwork, especially solo fieldwork on foot, I've found MOLLE pouches invaluable. Empty finds bags in one; full finds bags in another; GPS and notebook in another; pens, pencils etc. on an admin panel; camera pouch on waist belt etc., etc Lunch, drinks and spare clothing stay in a small backpack. The advantage of MOLLE pouches is that they're not long and thin and, consequently, vital bits and pieces don't migrate to the bottom of the pocket.

I entirely accept they look overly militaristic and more than a little nerdy. However, many of my fieldwork assistants have been in the forces (hence the risk of much scoffage) and they can see exactly why I've adopted the system.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Had a full, rapid reply from Ian Spicer at Red-Deer Outdoors Limited, regarding availability of the pack (in black) and the empty weight, which is 4.2lb.

Looking forward to review and pics...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE