New Rucksack from Karrimor - Predator - Sabre 45 replacement?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Beer Monster

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 25, 2004
With the gnu!
Just saw this thought folk might be interesting - designed for Afghanistan basically a modern military Sabre 45. Looks very interesting.

A simple 45L model called the "Patrol" and then a more technical 50L. Side pockets are interesting too.

See here.

Sorry wrong thread - MOD can you move please?!

Last edited:

johnboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
I understand the MOD is in the process of issuing a new patrol sack as a UOR / Part of PEOC for the troops in Afghanistan.

I wonder if this is it??

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Looks like a LA Sting, the side pouches look good and interesting. Looks a good pack for armed forces and might interesting to see a review of one.
The 50 is £129 on SOF it's cheaper than the Sting (unless Cotswold get any more in).

A nice "floating/detachable top pocket" will mean you can add more to it.

Nice bag but i'm not holding my breath

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
how odd, its MOLLE compatable not the 20mm UK PALS?
although i guess if the army buy it they'll switch it to 20mm.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Looks good: good features and well thought out - a bit like a Kifaru number but at a fraction of the cost and weight. Now, where's my credit card...!

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
yer but melonfish its also plce compatable and i thought molle was american but could be rong though

aye Molle is american, we use a modified PALS system which is 20mm webbing with 20mm spaces, molle is 25mm (1") with 25mm spacing.
tbh i don't understand why they're using modified PALS anyway, if we kept to the 25mm we could still use the american Molle stuff which in all honesty is damned good kit.

overall i like the bag tho, has muchos potential.

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I wonder what the back lengths are.That would be the deciding factor for me,they are all singing and dancing but no good if they don't fit.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Right, someone here needs to buy one (plus side pockets) and do a review :D I'll decide then. See what restraint I have :rolleyes:

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
would be good to see back length!
PALS stands for Pouch Attachment Ladder System. its the original form of MOLLE (Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment)

personally i prefer PALS it makes more sense, either way its a damned nice gear system, highly modular so you can move things round if they aren't comfy and generally easy to modify by the cunning use of pouches.

in fact i'm about to add MOLLE to my 44l highlander pack, just for some extra modability.
nice to see this predator is PLCE pouch compat tho, and from the features it looks like they've really listened to the needs of the user.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE