New route at Warton Crag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Went to Warton Crag for the third night in a row. We live very near it and go for a quick half hour to 45 minutes. Simple up and down but there's a rabbit warren of paths. You can walk in the area and take different paths up and down for many visits. Often it's hard to exactly retrace your route up.

Well last two nights we took a new route down that I've never tried in decades. This evening we went up that route then followed it further around then up. Ended up reaching the top from the back. It really was a nicer route up and away from where most people go.

In case you don't know it the whole area is owned by a wildlife organisation and there conservation grazing from old breed cattle plus clearance work to help improve the habitat and butterfly population I believe. There's a big carpark in the quarry that rarely gets filled.

I wonder if anyone else is using the allowed lockdown exercise time to learn a local beauty spot just a little bit better? Stravaiging your local patch is just made for lockdown exercise I think. Where is your local exploration spot during this pandemic period?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE