New Ray Mears knife with marked blade

• Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE

Jay131

Nov 20, 2021
Aberdovey
Hey Coach,
Your replies and conduct in face of some tricky and sometimes inflammatory comments have been exemplary. I’m not sure I’d have been able to maintain the same level of discipline!
I truly hope the blade is sorted for you and that your investment starts to bring you pleasure instead of doubt.
Peace,
Jay

Reactions: Coach

matarius777

Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
Just a quick update. Paul Cook of Woodlore has just emailed me to say the knife would have had to have been seen by Emberleaf anyway, so contacting them in the first instance was the right decision.
Having followed this thread, the ups and downs and trials and tribulations with avid interest, please, please let us know how you get on and what they say is the issue!

Reactions: Robbi

Coach

Oct 3, 2017
Blackpool
Any update on this?
Hi, yes there is. I posted the knife Tuesday 2pm Special Delivery to arrive Wednesday before 1pm. It didnt!. Emberleaf didnt receive the knife until Thursday dinnertime (yesterday!) hence the lack of news - I have put in a claim for late delivery.
Dean has been in touch with me and I will let you all know the outcomes when I get the knife back.

Coach

Oct 3, 2017
Blackpool
Hello all, I have just received the knife back from Emberleaf and its is now as it should be, highly polished and razor sharp. Dean said the marking was "Minor surface patina from something slightly acidic" but wouldnt suggest or speculate as to what that was. My personal observation is that vegetable tanning solution is described as 'slightly acidic', make of that what you will.
However my faith in the knife has now been restored and Emberleafs customer care has been brilliant from start to finish.
Well happy.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.