New range in co-op could be useful.

• UPDATE - The main upgrade is now finished. The site should now be functioning as normal, I will be making tweaks over the weekend, particularly to look of the site. If you notice something is broken or have any comments please let me know. Many thanks Matt (Lithril)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Good to know that they are in the co-op, sainsbury's sell them, at £2.49. I got some from the outdoor show, they're pretty good.

Rob

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
about 220cals? id need 20 packs a day ??? i tend to get through 3-4000 cals a day but then i have a fast metabolism so its a no go for me.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
about 220cals? id need 20 packs a day ??? i tend to get through 3-4000 cals a day but then i have a fast metabolism so its a no go for me.
having one of the meaty ones and topping up with pasta then flapjack might work.

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
Had one for lunch today, not enough flavour,small. Having said that a handy snack but needs packing out with bread or similar.

I keep a few in the car and some at work for those busy days.

Are they safe to boil in the bag ?

Richard

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Wanted to try this brand for a while, though I usually carry the Reiter Travel Lunch as they're considerably lighter, and are what I've been eating for the last three days.

I tried one of these and was not too impressed. It left a wierd after taste and I kept burping all day and tasting it again (it was a bit like a rancid chemical garlic taste).

Shame really as they looked good - I still have a few different ones but am not in a hurry to try them.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have tried loads of this brand and have not had a bad one yet - I normally bulk them out with rice or pasta.
Mind you I try to get them when they are "on offer" as they are a tad expensive for the amount you get....

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
I take home made with me in small tupaware boxes. Never seen the point of boil in the bag stuff for out and about, unless you are out for a week or so.

Thoth

Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
I agree with John, I think that they are pretty good but do need bulking out with carbs. I've boiled them in the bag but with one small hole to let air/steam out. I often use the boil water for rehydrating couscous or smash for almost instant results. My local Waitrose has these on offer at the moment.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Thanks for co-op heads-up, I do like these but agree they're a bit small. Bulked out with bread/pasta/cous-cous or similar, I find they're a decent main meal.

Not had one I didn't like yet and the soups are good too - they all benefit from an extra touch of salt and pepper IMHO.

P.S. have boiled in bag plenty of times, with no need to tear first - handy if you're cooking in a cup.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
I tried one of these and was not too impressed. It left a wierd after taste and I kept burping all day and tasting it again (it was a bit like a rancid chemical garlic taste).

Shame really as they looked good - I still have a few different ones but am not in a hurry to try them.
they had the same effect on me mate. - Might give the stew one a go at some point though.

I'm quite happy with a rat pack myself.

or tinned curry with BITB rice :D

Andy