New (old) tent -

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Just got hold of this FREE, GRATIS and for NICKS!:

vf10g.jpg

A Vango Force 10 Mk 4 in almost perfect nick (but a bit musty) - going to leave it up for a few days in the garden. Needs new pegs and I'll reproof the canvas fly just in case.

Can't wait to get out in it - might sleep in it in the garden tonight if I can persuade SWMBO that doing so isn't too weird...

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
One of the very best tents I ever used - many fond memories and I'd love to have one now..................

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Have spent many a night in one years ago, they are great tents but a bit heavy by today's standards. But if going camping with a car then no problem. They perform well in windy conditions too. I don't think sleeping in it tonight is weird !! But then again I am not your wife or neighbours.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Very nice, Spent a few nights in one of them a few years back and it stood up to the torrential rain that pounded it for the weekend.

atb

Craig

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Great tents, pitch them right and they won't leak or go anywhere. I've Mk3s and Mk5's but need a Mk4 for the collection. Weight is all relative, when I was a lad my tent was a Blacks Mountain tent 22lb and I carried that and my other gear for hikes in Snowdonia then I went lightweight and got a FT Mk3 which 'only' weighed about 12lb lol (this is about 40 years ago).

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
In work at the moment and it's p*****g down! Good test for the waterproofing as the tent is still up in the garden. Probably home to all the local cats by now. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Ok - so my new tent has been up in the garden for over 48 hours now and the weather has been the pits - wind and rain and far too cold for May. Apart from a couple of small patches (about the size of a credit card) on the front porch flysheet which have wetted out, everything is dry with the water beading and running off still. For something that has been in a cupboard for at least 10 years this is amazing! Just shows that they don't build them like this any more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE