New Lightweight Tent.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Looks like a freakin spaceship to me.:) Thanks for the comments.

Theres a review here from lightweight Gear Guru Hendrik:

[video=youtube;4ZsbeJsibRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZsbeJsibRo[/video]

and another:

[video=youtube;2PATi6wZujs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PATi6wZujs[/video]

Last edited:

Graveworm

Life Member
Sep 2, 2011
London UK
I do like the look of the duo I do have a lighter 2 person tent but it is really cramped. This seems really roomy for the weight especially if you carry walking poles anyway. It has 2 entrances if the weather is good enough to leave the awning up and unlike the Solo has vents. I really really don't need another tent especially 2 person but ...

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
Im pretty chuffed. I advertised my golite SL Inner, for a swap, for a lightweight tent, for tramping through the lakes and got one of these in trade!

http://www.lightheartgear.com/index.php/tents/lightheart-solo-tents/product/view/5/1

Its been seam sealed by the manufacturer, its a cottage firm, and comes with the tyvek footprint. Under 800 grams. 65' wide, so can get dog in.

Looks like a decent bit of kit eh? :)

That's great news for your dog Dave. Where are you going to sleep then? I'm intrigued.
Sorry mate, with the site being the wrong way up, I got your first post, read it and sent this answer.
Nice-looking aboot a bit for something akin, just for me tho' swmbo will have the tricky whippet and the lab/collie/smellie.
Tom.

Last edited:
I have the 'Solong 6' version of this tent - which is the 1+ size (it's a wee bit longer, wider and the ends are squared off instead of coming to a point) - in camo, natch!

Actually the 1+ sizing is aimed at the American market, as this tent easily fits two - shall we say - friendly people.

Super light weight, storm proof, bug proof and the best thing is that both sides open up completely which makes you feel like you're under a tarp.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
[My snowtrekker arrived a few days ago from a friend in Canada, so Im all over that one at the moment. :) ] God, they are well made.
But I cant wait to get out in the lightweight tent, especially over the summer. Assuming we have one! I might get one of those Brit army jungle bags....Or a Us army poncho liner for this summer, which would put my pack weight below 10kg.

Last edited:

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I have the 'Solong 6' version of this tent - which is the 1+ size (it's a wee bit longer, wider and the ends are squared off instead of coming to a point) - in camo, natch!

Actually the 1+ sizing is aimed at the American market, as this tent easily fits two - shall we say - friendly people.

Super light weight, storm proof, bug proof and the best thing is that both sides open up completely which makes you feel like you're under a tarp.

I'd love to hear how it performs in the rain. It looks superb and sounds just the job but, for me, it does have to be able to cope with good ol' wet British weather! Any info. you can give would be most gratefully received.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE