New life with the neighbours

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
One of the nicest parts of our homestead is watching all the new life arrive at this time of year

As well as the usual crop of Shires and Dartmoors in the neighbours nursery paddock we have riding pony foals this year

New Foal by British Red, on Flickr

and a bit further along Charolais calves - I know this guys sire (he is mahoosive) - but also has the fantastic marking

Charolais calf by British Red, on Flickr

We also have blackbird chicks in one of the yews we planted which is nice (as well as Jackdaws in the barn owl box and pigeons in the Tawny owl box :rolleyes:)

Hatched blackbird by British Red, on Flickr

The last one is a rubbish photo and a common bird - but a thrill because they are very rare around here - just a common buzzard. I reckon the breed up of rabbits has brought them in. Great to see them - I miss them from Hampshire

Buzzard by British Red, on Flickr

Isn't Spring newness great?

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Good stuff! We've got some woodpeckers just behind us, a cuckoo, pheasants and something so strange, I saw a fox full on sprinting through a field in broad daylight and it made me jump, I heard something rustling then saw that darting off! We had a stoat (maybe a weasel?) kill a baby rabbit last year, and I saw a little robin paddling in our pond too, yes I think spring is great too! :)

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Lovely to see chap, we have lambs and calves that me and the little one have to go and see every night.
saw a lovely uncut field earlier with butterflys dancing all over it, your certainly right about the little things

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Mobbing is amazing to watch - I've got several photo sequences of buzzards under attack - once by House Martens!

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Spitfire mobbing Messerschmitt

p201293750-3.jpg

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
seen a lot more buzzards around Lincoln this year too, also for one heart stopping moment on the A15 I thought I saw a Goshawk but I think it was just a big Sparrowhawk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE