New Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nolightweight

Jun 16, 2009
East Midlands
Afternoon folks...

Chad (sasquatch of this Parish) very recently took my knife collection up to three with this very handy offering:

P8260037.jpg

[FONT=&amp]
3mm O1 steel, home made micarta scales (from some old lightweight combats), black liners, aluminium pins through a full tang.

Overall length of 225mm, just over 105mm of that is cutting edge. Forced patina using mustard. These pics do not do the knife any justice at all.

P8260038.jpg

P8260040.jpg

Collected from the June North Wood meet, sharper than a very sharp thing, unpolished handle is very grippy and extremely comfortable in my hand. Not got any photos of it in use (yet) but it does the job well and a user, not a display piece. The devil is in the detail, Chad stamped the back of the sheath with a maple leaf (Canadians, eh?) and etched "git er done!" on the face of the blade seen above. It will be so, mate....

P8260041.jpg

As most on here will attest, I'm not a knifey type, but I am one very happy Ewok with this one.

I'm sure Chad will add any other info when he sees this thread.

Thanks for looking, but many many thanks to a great buddy who made it for me.

Cheers vlud, innit.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Wooohooo NLW has a new knife and i have to say its a beauty. Really well made and fits the hand a dream.
Hope it serves you well for many a year mate.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Thanks for looking and commenting folks and thanks to Neil for posting. I'm real made up you like it.

I can't add a lot apart from I know Neil was after a user not a showpiece. Light and functional was high up on the list so I made a few extra holes in the tang;

1341324271074.jpg

I forced a patina so it wasn't shiny as shiny knives cause reluctance to abuse in my mind. The blade is similar to a Mora Neil uses and the micarta isn't so thick as to add too much weight. We hashed out what he was after for many months as I take ages to make these, it doesn't look like much more than a woodlore clone but it does have subtle differences that hopefully add to what he was after in a user. As usual it was all done by hand, bevels were filed not machined.

Glad you like it Neil, always a pleasure to hand over a knife that will be used and cherished! Git er done Vlud!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE