New gadget for the bushy tea lover?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
http://www.thinkgeek.com/caffeine/a...t_rid=823998044&linkid=41780491_headline_ee7d

The teastick:

You wouldn't like us before our first cup of tea has had time to absorb into our system. We're downright cranky and irritable about that whole "waking up" business. But once we've wrapped our hands around our favorite mug and smelled the aroma of our favorite blend, things start to look up. Life just wouldn't be the same without our caffeine of choice.

The Teastick is a unique way to brew your favorite loose leaf tea. (If you haven't tried loose leaf tea yet, don't wait any longer! Snag a Teastick and a Timmy's Tea Sampler and be prepared to blow your mind and tastebuds.) Pull out the black insert, fill it with tea leaves, slide it back into the Teastick, and then dunk it into your cup of hot water. In just a few minutes, you'll have the perfect cup of tea and be on the road to caffeinated happiness.
Product Specifications

• A sleek & unique brewer for loose leaf tea
  • Fill the insert with tea leaves, close the stick, place in hot water
  • Holes in the stick allow the tea to steep perfectly
  • Perfect gift for the tea lover
  • Materials: Stainless steel with food-safe plastic insert
  • Dimensions: 6.25" long
ee7d_teastick.jpg
Not the worst idea & saves on bag disposal? BTW I'd try and find another soource - think geek orders are all getting hit for import taxes as far as I've seen - and the bill's usually a month behind the stuff.

Rod

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Not as sleek but...

41BNtX4VPHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

99p

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Son1's a tea drinker too, he even likes that Japanese stuff that I think is like drinking a holly bush. :weird:
I could see him going for the gadget appeal of the Teastick thing too :rolleyes: :D he's another ThinkGeek buyer.
Thanks for the heads up though, it's a stocking filler :D

I think I'll stick to my tea infuser...........so far it's lasted literally years of use.
http://www.nbtea.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=897

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Oh good site Toddy, thanks for the link.

Out of interest, why are the tea balls filled with loose tea better than tea bags which are a porous container filled with loose tea?

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
You don't need any of 'em.

I just throw a few leaves in the mug. When I get near the bottom I top it up. Then I do that again, and possibly one more time. By then it's probably time to make another brew. :)

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
Oh good site Toddy, thanks for the link.

Out of interest, why are the tea balls filled with loose tea better than tea bags which are a porous container filled with loose tea?

I think becase the dusted fast brew swept off the floor of the factory tea in a paper bag is ground up stalks and tougher leaves wheras you cant get away with selling that as loose leaf.

Or so my tea wallah tells me.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I use one of the "spoon" type infusers shown. IIRC IKEA sells them for a luduicrous sum (SEK 5 or !0 IIRC), and about twice than in other stores. Works briliantly, and is easy to empty once thery are filled with soaked tea (hint; do not overfill them). One can also use one of the "muslin bag on a wire loop" style filters, they are even more compact, but then there is the damp fabric to contend with. A more bushcrafty version is made by "weaving" some spruce roots into a small "cup". I've seen them, and intend to make one this summer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE