New Carinthia Defence 4 Sleeping Bag (185cm) for a Carinthia Defence 4 (200cm)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
Hello- just as an off chance- I purchased a brand new Carinthia Defence 4 Sleeping bag off ebay- advertised as the 200 model. Unfortunately, when it turned up, it is the 185 model, and a fraction too short for my 6ft3 length (as i often sleep with my boots on). It would suit anyone 6ft or under though quite happily. I'm looking to swap it for an identical Defence 4 but the 200 model- must be new please. I may be open to other offers though- feel free to PM me! These things retail at £179 from Heinie Haynes and the 185 model (which is slightly lighter and more compact) can be harder to find.

For those who don't know about the Carinthia bag- it's absolutely lovely- waterproof and breathable fabric, warm to -15, very compressible and light, Centre zip (great for hammocks) and beats most other sleeping bags hands down. Full info and pictures here: http://www.military-sleeping-bags.com/defence4.html

Below picture is from the net, but identical to mine.
26022010010ezk4.jpg

Edited to say- I have now sold the 185 version on.....

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE