New bushcraft event Coed Hiraeth South Wales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Hi all I have been given permission to use and improve this area, there will be limited places available so first come basis, It is a family friendly site with a prep area, long drop loo, certified spring water, and a fresh water stream here is a link,
http://www.coedhiraeth.org.uk/page6.html monies raised go to improving the site for future use.

The dates that are free in june are from Fri 1st till tue the 5th / parking is limited but we have use of hard standing behind the Wern Pub and a short tab

Prices are per person per night ( This meet will be by donation in return for some light maintainence,)
·Adults £5
·Children 8 yrs -16 yrs £2.50
·Children under 8 yrs FREE

This venue is offered for family bushcraft activities only, and is not in any way offered as a course, although impromptu demo's may happen!

Water we have a spring for drinking water but the water taken from the fresh water stream will have to be boiled and is suitable for a brew, cooking and washing if in doubt ask

Rules for dog owners are:
NO DOGS sorry.

Parents/Guardians:

You need to be aware of where your children are at all times.
·Please keep an eye on your children in the communal area and not let them run around as we don't want any unnecessary accidents.
We incourage the safe use of sharps, please make sure all carving and like is supervised.
·Please ensure that your children are in bed or at your camping area from 10.00pm – 8.00am and are not running around during this period.

Fires:

·The only ground fire that we can have is in the communal area.
·All other wood (or wood type) fires must be raised so no scaring occures.
·Due to limited fuel, fires must be kept small, dont waste what we have!
·Please do not chop up the dead trees to use for logs, there is still plenty of smaller dead wood lying around

Rubbish:
·There are no refuse facilities on site.
·You bring it in, you take it away.
.There is never to be a communial rubbish bin.

By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of the above

Last edited:

Cliv

Forager
Nov 15, 2008
Preston
By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of the above

1. Cliv

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Since I put my name down no one else has said they are coming....
Should I change my deodourant?
Is it still on?
If it is I will bring my trade bag of commercial gear - I will not bring my craft/home made stuff unless someone wants anything in particular....

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
It's still on John I will also be their I been posting on the other forum did not see this here :). I will Arrive Saturday at some point.

Sent from my Baobab Tree.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Posted ont other side there is no set fee for this meet it will be by donation in return for some light work we are upto about 8 persons upto today

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Just back from the first meet at coed woods arrived mid afternoon fri mr Fenna was in situ by the time we arrived jonno pitched in the woods and his lad in a tent that turned out to have more holes that a sieve,
picked up Fi,and Jo and her lad from the station Sat am strange turned up late evening unfortunatly it rained the whole time appart from monday when myself John and Fi where doing a iron age show but im pretty sure everone that was there enjoyed the woods ......pics to follow

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Varoius shots of Coed Hiraeth...
DSCF6418.jpg

DSCF6417.jpg

DSCF6416.jpg

DSCF6415.jpg

DSCF6406.jpg

DSCF6404.jpg

Me in my "Iron Age" kit ready to do the demos at Castell Henllys :)
DSCF6383.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE