New boy...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lancer165l

Jul 28, 2016
Windermere
Hello all,

I'm a lad of 61 who has a new lease of life with a new girlfriend who loves the great outdoors. I was a soldier for a lot of my youth and an ACF instructor ,so I've had some outdoor experience picked up along the way.

I like kit that works when I'm out walking in the hills of Cumbria, it enhances the experience and any **** can be uncomfortable, as we used to say ( a lot!)

Looking forward to gaining some wisdom here!

Thanks.
Bob

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Welcome on board, Sir. What is ACF? (sorry, I´m from Germany and not familar with britisch shorts) :)

It stands for Army Cadet Force. Similar to Scouts but linked to the Army for kids with an interest in perhaps joining the armed forces or who just enjoy the discipline, camaraderie and adventure.

Lancer165l

Jul 28, 2016
Windermere
Welcome on board, Sir. What is ACF? (sorry, I´m from Germany and not familar with britisch shorts) :)

As below, sort of.....

The Army Cadet Force is the youth wing of the British Army and is sponsored by UK Reserve Forces. It takes young people 12 - 18 years old and through formal military training
via a progressive syllabus it develops skills such as first aid, foot drill, expedition work, shooting and safe weapon handling, citizenship, fieldcraft.
Instructors are trained to army standards for all subjects. There is a military rank structure for adults and cadets and is stricter than civilian organisations but rules from the Children's Act are rigorously applied.
So it's been described as "Scouts with guns" but it's more complex and relevant to today's youth than that.
I left because I was getting exasperated by the admin required for relatively simple training tasks, for example an air rifle training shoot on a military range has the same health and safety rules and routines as if you were firing a machine gun, starting with 10 - 12 pages of a "Range Action and Safety Plan" for each and every session. Rant over!
I had 13 good years as an officer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE