New belt grinder from China

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Just noticed a new grinder on Ebay, in what looks like a good design, and looks like a value for money buy,(depending on the quality of the build), but you do seem to get a lot of grinder for the money,including large wheel , I have no association to the makers/Importers, but might be worth a look for anyone looking for a grinder, does say 2" x 82" in the advert, but this is the longest belt it takes the norm is 2" x 72",price includes Vat so may be reclaimable????

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-82-be...759680?hash=item3d2ca116c0:g:uvwAAOSw44BYPpel

Last edited:

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
all the same price from this seller, check the postal charge, they all come out at about £878.90. not bad really

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Not bad for the size. At that price though I'd be finding a new place to live with it XD I'll stick with my little £60 Clarke!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Yeah it "looks" like a good design, blah, blah blah. Sorry, I've got my crap-detector goggles on.

Then you discover the ****ty quality of the cast metal, the cast plastic and the primitive precision of the moving parts.
You get what we get and I'm a lot closer to the Pacific Rim than you are.

Then again, you guys may not be getting what gets sold here.
I read some negative words about DeWalt in BCUK. Top Journeyman's kit here, powerful, durable and reliable.

Look around at other brand names for durability.

Here's how stupid this gets:
I want a winter-weight coat, made by Carhartt in the USA. About as good as it gets.
While Carhartt is sold all across Canada, that particular coat is only sold in the USA.
So I have to bank-roll my D1 who works at Stanford, to buy the damn coat and send it to me.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Yeah it "looks" like a good design, blah, blah blah. Sorry, I've got my crap-detector goggles on.

Then you discover the ****ty quality of the cast metal, the cast plastic and the primitive precision of the moving parts.
You get what we get and I'm a lot closer to the Pacific Rim than you are.

Then again, you guys may not be getting what gets sold here.
I read some negative words about DeWalt in BCUK. Top Journeyman's kit here, powerful, durable and reliable.

Look around at other brand names for durability.

Here's how stupid this gets:
I want a winter-weight coat, made by Carhartt in the USA. About as good as it gets.
While Carhartt is sold all across Canada, that particular coat is only sold in the USA.
So I have to bank-roll my D1 who works at Stanford, to buy the damn coat and send it to me.

Yes. Looks good, will not last. If you are short on funds you can make your own belt sander that will last your life out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE