New axe Sheathes.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi all,

I have recently have managed to burn, shrink, slice and loose preey much all three of my axe sheathes :eek: So it was about time to replace them. Its been a while since i have tried any leather work so recently managed to save a few squid and ordered some leather from le`prevo :D Only had to replace two as the SFA sheath that shrunk now fits my hatchet :)

They are in 3mm Veg tan with clips double sitch and brass rivets. One is meant to carry on the belt and both are hopefully going to be ME proof. Photos are from a cheap camera sorry.

axe010-1.jpg

axe009.jpg

axe013.jpg

axe016-1.jpg

axe021.jpg

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Very neat those.
I found the standard Gransfors masks got a bit of a hammering too, so like you; I replaced mine with home mades.
I like rivets on thing's but I never use them:confused:
Buxxxred if I know why, much sturdier than stitching for heavy use items.
I'm off to leprevo in the morning, I'll have to see what it''ll cost me to have a go at rivets myself;)
Best wishes:beerchug:
Steve

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Very neat those.
I found the standard Gransfors masks got a bit of a hammering too, so like you; I replaced mine with home mades.
I like rivets on thing's but I never use them:confused:
Buxxxred if I know why, much sturdier than stitching for heavy use items.
I'm off to leprevo in the morning, I'll have to see what it''ll cost me to have a go at rivets myself;)
Best wishes:beerchug:
Steve
]

The rivets are very cheap and easy to use give them a shot ;)

They are also a lot quicker that stitching which is handy when you got through them at the pace i do :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE