Netherlands camping buddies sought

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Hi.. Anybody in the northen part of the Netherlands up for some woodland overnighting and bushcraft activities I want to learn more and I find learning off others is easier than reading books. Missed the dutch meeting last month due to a sea kayaking trip around anglesey..

So anybody interested ??

Let me know.. If travelling to and from sites is a problem I have a car (or motorbike ;) ) so I could pick up as long as its not to far away (more than 1.5 hours drive from flevoland)

hope to hear from you..

Simon

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
hi, i live in noord holland, and don't have a car, but wil have an ov jaarkaart soon^^
maybe wa could organise another (smaller scaled, say 10 people?) buscraft meeting, just have to find a good location and weekend.....

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
I guess that will be the only problem I live fairly close to the voorsterbos (within walking distance) but its full or art lovers at the moment due to an open air art exibition..
Not to familier with noord holland I know noord velsen from kayak surfing ;) but dont know of any good spots.. maybe it is worth investigating something..

Who would we contact ? the monumentenbeheer the bosbeheer
I know that the wet over openluct recreatie is now void how would this effect overnighting in the woods ?

If you know that would be great then maybe we can get enough peopl interested to meet up some where..

Simon

Pantalaimon

Forager
May 19, 2008
Utrecht, Netherlands
yeah, I've heard about them. Its a good initiative. But the rules are:
"Speciaal voor avontuurlijk ingestelde fietsers of wandelaars zijn er de paalkampeerterreinen, waar 'wild' gekampeerd mag worden. Ze liggen in open plekken in het bos of aan de bosrand nabij lange afstand wandel- en fietsroutes. Ze zijn niet per auto bereikbaar. Vanwege de geringe afmeting bieden ze plaats aan maximaal drie trekkerstenten die binnen een straal van 10 meter binnen de paal moeten staan. Er is in ieder geval altijd voldoende beschutting én de mogelijkheid om in de zon te zitten.
Open vuur is verboden en de enige voorziening is een waterpomp. Let wel: het water is er alleen om mee te koken of wassen. U kunt het niet ongekookt drinken. Deze terreinen zijn alleen te voet of per fiets bereikbaar. Het gebruik is gratis, maar beperkt: u mag er niet langer dan 72 uur bivakkeren. En wilt u uw afval weer meenemen? Reserveren is niet mogelijk. De paalkampeerterreinen zijn het hele jaar open, maar 's winters wordt de waterpomp verwijderd."

Open fire is prohibited. And that's good. It's probably a small grassfield, and I shouldn't like putting my tent up on a scorched field. Even if you remove the grass/humus it will cause damage to the field.

Rather do it in the woods near the 'polecampingground'. ;-)

For the curious English people: paalkampeerplaatsen( polecampinggrounds) are fields in some woods where you can go 'wild' camping. There are no toilets: only a waterpump with washing/cooking water (no drinkingwater) and they are free.
Especially good for people making a trip on a bicycle.

Oh, back on topic:
Good idea! I was thinking of something like that! Not too large: just when you and some other people have the time.
The spot is indeed a problem. Where I live, there aren't good spots. And while it will be decent to ask it to staatsbosbeheer of een andere beheerder, it isn't necessary as long as it's a bit isolated ;)

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
we could contact austerlitz http://www.pbcausterlitz.nl/ if we do some sort of meeting, but if we're with just 3 people or so it isn't a problem to go wild camping on the veluwe or something....

i would like to help organise some meeting,, just let me know....

Pantalaimon

Forager
May 19, 2008
Utrecht, Netherlands
we could contact austerlitz http://www.pbcausterlitz.nl/ if we do some sort of meeting, but if we're with just 3 people or so it isn't a problem to go wild camping on the veluwe or something....

i would like to help organise some meeting,, just let me know....

wauw! I didn't know they had that for non-members.
Again a good idea.

I'm not familiar with the Veluwe, but yesterday I was at the National Park De Hoge Veluwe, at that was not an option. Any woods nearby maybe. I'm planning to explore that soon :p De Veluwe is far more large than the NP.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
I tried out the natuurkamperen plaats in the voorsterbos, it was quite nice to camp only its not stricly speaking in the woods. its basically a cleared area in part of the woods i.e step from the grass to the woods in one step. It is kinda 4 euros per night and there is a place to put an open fire (and toilets) However this is a camping spot for those that like peace and quite. So you get a number of caravans although the times I have been there was me and most two other people. The place is limited I found one fairly good spot for the hammock ;) but the rest is kinda a clover shape so you get nice secluded parts to put your tarp or tent. Although being near to the woods and dikes its filled with mozzies almost evey dusk and every morning. I guess if you were to venture out into the woods and set up camp there I dont think you would be interuppted..

I will help organise it if somebody comes up with a place ;)

As you can probabaly tell I am English and trying to talk to stadsbeheer and others like them around here is prity useless ;)

if anybody has canoes there are a number of islands that you can get to that we wouldnt be disturbed ;)

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
This is the local place I mentioned you can build a fire in the fire place.. Its 4 euros each its right in the woods so we could use this as base and hope ov er the ditch in to the woods ;)
Might have to share with others though and of course ther eis no reserving so first come first serve but it seems to be never that busy..
Not quite wild camping but the closest I think we will get legally !

http://www.natuurkampeerterreinen.nl/main.php?obj_id=390118270

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
sounds great, but it will cost me over 40 euro's to get there and back by train(and bus) so better wait another month, so i'll have my ov-jaarkaart, or we could choose a "natuurkamping" near Noord Holland like Loosdrecht or Heemskerk......

austerlitz is still a possibilliti to, that's pretty much ment to be used for bushcraft....

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
sounds great, but it will cost me over 40 euro's to get there and back by train(and bus) so better wait another month, so i'll have my ov-jaarkaart, or we could choose a "natuurkamping" near Noord Holland like Loosdrecht or Heemskerk......

austerlitz is still a possibilliti to, that's pretty much ment to be used for bushcraft....

Sounds good to me.. although I have a holiday next week back for two the two weeks in south of france.. so I think it will be like a month for me.. but we can do something out your way to, I can travel so no problems there just let me know the place we can meet up and thats sorted ;)

Pantalaimon

Forager
May 19, 2008
Utrecht, Netherlands
Probably I'm going to explore this weekend the Veluwe(not the southern parts, because that are National Parks).
Feel free to join! If you're going by train, we could travel from Utrecht on my Kortingskaart (40% discount). I'm wasn't planning on a overnight trip, but if there's animo for, why not ? :)

Apr 17, 2008
really, try a paalcamping, I've been to a few, most locations are nice, boil the water and you can use it, fire not a problem, and I think not forbidden, they iscerted a kind of concrete "hoops"to build your fire in. most of them I really enjoyed.
make it a part of a hike, walk from paalcamping to paalcamping.
but sometimes they are hard to find.
groeten

stijnb

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2008
nederland
if more people like to help organise something like dbm, pb plz.
We could create some sort of "denktank" and organise a small event, if it's a succes we might organise other events or maybe a trip to germany or belgium or so.........
2 or 3 other people would be great to get things done.

groeten,
stijn

Well, not sure if this is what you mean, but for the DBM winter edition I am looking 2 or 3 people who would like to be dagcoördinator. (one for each day). Where your role would be to make things go smooth, people can come to you with questions, and you make sure the programme gets known. Basicly you do what I did last time, but then for one day.

I think its a great idea to start doing this with more people.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Well, not sure if this is what you mean, but for the DBM winter edition I am looking 2 or 3 people who would like to be dagcoördinator. (one for each day). Where your role would be to make things go smooth, people can come to you with questions, and you make sure the programme gets known. Basicly you do what I did last time, but then for one day.

I think its a great idea to start doing this with more people.

I can also help might improve my dutch ;)

Nelis

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Oudenbosch
He Folks,

I'm from the south of the netherlands (oudenbosch, near roosendaal) and am looking for some people to come to the ardennes one of the next weekends.

I have a car that can carry 4 people in comfort (depending on the amount of luggage). I also know someone that ownes a piece of land in the ardennes where we can stay. Fire is a possibility on a predestined fireplace.
If necessary, I can pick people up at the train station in roosendaal. Extra cars can be left next to my house safely.

So if anybody is interested lets see if we can pick a date.

Grtz,

Niels

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE