Need Help with Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Right I'm having a major dilemma, I need new walking boots and I don't know what to get :-/

I want them for probably hiking when hiking trainers aren't really appropriate so must be waterproof and possibly insulated. Plan to do some hills and backpacking so must be comfortable. In a nutshell I want trail running soles but waterproof warm uppers.

Now for the confusion, I bought some salomon gtx trainers and I LOVE them is I want to recreate that comfort but with added support and something more suited for colder wetter walking. I really like the look of the Salomon Cosmic 4D 2 GTX (bit of a mouthful) boots but I have read the reviews and they apparently leak. I can't fault the trainers so am wondering if it's just a bad batch and the usual, people only go on the net to moan affair :-/

Does anyone have any experience with the Cosmic boot? Or can anyone suggest a good alternative. Probably go for a budget of £150 give or take.

Hopefully someone knows :-/

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I have the cosmic 4d and can't fault them at all, so far no problems with them leaking.
I was always a fan of leather boots until I saw them and the mrs pointed out they matched my North Face fleece in color.
Thought bugger it and take a chance and glad I did.
i have a very weak right ankle and these give me loads of support where needed. My only issue is my feet get a little too warm but I suffer from really sweaty feet, not an issue in the colder months but summer hell no.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE