NE Meet Number 3

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Thought I'd get the ball rolling for the next meet....yes I know its only been a few days since the last :eek:

Before KP left on Sunday we were talking of looking down Banchory/Aboyne way for a site. Would this be something people are interested in or would the current site be acceptable?

Also as for timing we were maybe looking at September/October time?

Would it be possible to extend the time that we were there?

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
:camping: If i can be there i will, no mater where. No dates are better than others for me just now.

so far its been 2 for 2 for excellent times. :)

See you around the :campfire:

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Keen aint he lol.

Great stuff.

If we want to go back to the Haddo site it shouldnt be a problem and I will get in touch with the right people as soon as we decide.

I am also happy for it to be someplace else though. Also I wouldnt mind extending the meet a few more days.

whats everybody elses opinion????

atb

Craig

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Well, I think Haddo is near perfect BUT.... I love Caledonian forests and Deeside in general (ok, I'm biased!)

I will have a chat with the rangers at Glen Tannar and put out feelers for a meet towards September / October.

I think a longer meet would be great, however, if we are trying somewhere new, we might be better sticking with a weekend. Would be worried they would be put off if we asked for 4 nights or something.

Will keep you posted folks.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
For extending it would we have to plan more things to do? :) If so anyone got any ideas, may as well start a list now.

A while back, Fred suggested fire management in the rain. If anyone can illustrate that tinder roll-up thing, I'd be grateful.
Did you do the fish-on-a-stick thing this time? That's always a classic. Or, if we're ambitious, a hangi (if only not to be emasculated by the competing cookware).
Bull-roarers? Bows? Not the proper ones that were suggested before, but a friendly competition to see what can be knocked up with green wood and nettle cordage. The third B would be blowpipes, but they're illegal. At least if we do bows, it'll keep up a projectile tradition (Meet 1 - slingshot; Meet 2 - atlatl).

I was thinking of maybe showing some more traps, been playing around with some. Obviously would only be for show as they are illegal to use.

I have done the fish on a stick thing before and it was really good, great way to make a great tasting dinner. We did it with trout if I recall.

We didnt get round to making some pine pitch/tar, that would be good to try especially for the arrows.

The current site was great, even when there were plenty of people in the park on the Sunday, you still felt a world away.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Just to update folks, I have emailed Glen Tanar estate putting out feelers and asking for a meeting to discuss access etc.

Will keep you posted, unless folks would prefer to go back to Haddo?

KP

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE