NE Meet 3 - September

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May as well kick this off... :) A few of us had a small meet at the weekend and we discussed the details for the 3rd NE meet and have decided on the following dates:

The dates will be Friday 9th - Sunday 11th of September at Haddo House (same as last place)

DATES UPDATED AND CONFIRMED

We have a few other things planned for this meet including pine pitch glue, camp craft, charcloth making(?), birch oil, more traps.

If you have any suggestion on what else we can try please feel free to shout and im sure we can work it out.

Rules: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75301&p=943343#post943343

Map: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pandabean/5542585604/

For the workshops or whats for on show:

Net Making - I can show you how to make the needle if anyone wants to do that, which will take a bit of time to carve, but you will need one for the net making so if you dont fancy making one they can be picked up off the internet fairly cheaply.
The making of the net is pretty easy to do once you get into the swing of it and is different from the style shown on many website where you hang the line between 2 trees/posts.
If you have your own string (garden twine etc) please bring it along, I will see if I can get a large spindle of the stuff next time I am at Tesco.

Camp Craft - We will hopefully be setting up a large group table which will hopefully act as a kitchen area. If time is on our side we can show the table and bench that we made at Bennachie, a couple of chairs, one that was shown to me by Eric Methven at the Moot.

Shelter Building - If our old shelters are still standing we can carry on with them or demonstrate another lean-to. We are currently planning a Bush Teepee for a group shelter.

Group Pot - We may arrange another group pot and we will put up a shopping list if we are going ahead with that.

Last edited:

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Yep as soon as I get a reply I will let you know, like Andy said we will hopefully have a few things lined up for us to do. Lets hopw the ball keeps rolling and there is enough interest

Can folks put there name down like last time as it really helps.

CBJ

all the best

Craig

nickrobo45

Jun 13, 2011
aberdeenshire
Hia, After all youre kind invitations i would be well up for this meet! is there any chance of doing friction firelighting? sorry but ive always wanted to learn this :p

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Chaz dont worry bout that mate, the date isnt set in stone Im trying to get a block of dates Last 2 weekends in Aug - first 2 weekends in september,

Nick thats no problem we can certainly sort that out for you to have a try at.

Atb

Craig

Ironside

Tenderfoot
Oct 15, 2008
New Deer, Aberdeenshire
What happened to going to Glen Tanner!!
Going to Haddo twice in the year would be easy but, such a small area can't regenerate itself fully between visits particularly over the winter, if we went back next spring.

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Ironside, I don't think we have to much an impact as the site is used for teaching regularly. Im also not sure if we will be using the same location at Haddo. I would like to do Glen Tanner at some point but its a lot of work for CBJ when its a full meet.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Hey folks. Re: Glen Tanner- I have had no response from them. I didn't want to hassle them too soon as I'm sure they are busy folks, but I reckon it's time to nudge them again... Will keep trying...

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Hey folks. Re: Glen Tanner- I have had no response from them. I didn't want to hassle them too soon as I'm sure they are busy folks, but I reckon it's time to nudge them again... Will keep trying...

Hi all...good to see everyone at the latest meet, and apoloogies for keeping y'all waiting until I turned up for my afternoon visit ;)

Re the meet at Glen Tanar...this site is used pretty much non-stop, during the D of E Expedition season (May-October) and t'is unlikely that there would be an opportunity for us there in September. Moreover, the Glen Tanar Ranger Service prefer it if bookings are made using their e-booking form...let me know if anyone wants me to forward them a copy to make a booking for after October (or, alternatively, I would be happy to negotiate with the rangers on that one, as I already use the site for my D of E groups)

Might be up for Haddo, but as explained at the last meet I have to just see how things are nearer the time :)

Cheers for noo!

DM ;)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Cheers Dingus. I could not see the ebooking form on the site so a link would be helpful.

I had emailed to ask if I could meet them to discuss the possibility of a meet / what facilities etc- was a long way off actually booking anything... It seems to make more sense to have someone who knows the staff and the site to take this forward, otherwise there will be a lot of wasted time, so Dingus, I would be grateful if you'd take this forward (assuming there is still interest in a Glen Tanner meet)

Cheers

KP

Calurix

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 12, 2010
Moray, Scotland
Hi,

I would love to come along again. Specific dates would help, for dated mentioned add me to the list.

CBJ
Pandabean
Calurix

Regards,
Calurix

mark

Forager
Dec 26, 2007
Stirlingshire
I would like to come along, not sure whether or not I'll be available though. Won't know until a couple of days before hand.

cheers
Mark

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hiya folks ,

Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while. I will update everything tommorow

Shambling Shaman PM replied to mate

All the best

Craig

Last edited:

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Ok folks I hopefully should have more info later on today.

As for going to glen Tannar or Haddo:

I would also love to go to Glen Tannar as well but I think that it will take a hell of a lot more planning. I dont have any contacts there and cant get down to recce the site. As Dingus mentioned it will be fully booked up now as the DofE expeds are up and running as well as others.

Now I know Kiltedpict has sent out some feelers and Dingus knows some of the folks there ( guys I hope I am not stepping on your toes here) but I think we should plan to have the next meet after this one at Glen Tannar as we would have more time to co ordinate things.

At Haddo we have the contacts and David is the ranger for that area as well. As for impact on the area I can understand where you are coming from Ironside. In my opinion I think it would be very minimal and we did leave it in a very good condition. I have asked David how the area is looking and pending on what he thinks I think it would be ok to go back to the same area or move over to the other fenced off part.

Let me know how you all feel

all the best

Craig

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE