Native awareness and native skills 1 course.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
Hi has anyone been on or heard of the native awareness website or even been on the native skills 1 course ?

The next one is the beginning of October and drops just right with my work. They cover basic firelighting skills, flint knaping and various other bushcraft type genres.
I can imagine it's a basic grounding and more of a introduction to the outdoor world than a full bloodied survival type course.
You sleep in your own tent and get 3 meals a day included in the price.

Thoughts anyone ?

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I'm on their mailing list and that's how I know they've been going for some years. I've never taken a course with them though. As far as I can tell they are somewhere on the Tom Brown branch of the bushcraft family tree, about which opinion is divided. I don't want to do Native Awareness any disservice though. Their website certainly looks professional, which is quite a good measure. I'd say if you're free, you fancy it and can afford it then go for it. Then let us know how you get on of course!

Jan 27, 2012
Cheshire
I've just booked onto this course as I'd been wanting to do a course for a while. They offer quite a few interesting courses with this one being a pretty requisite for many of the others. I'll post a review after I've finished if anyone is interested.

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
I can light a fire using a fire steel and birch bark. Happy to sleep out in a tent and cook on a fire.
However non of my mates are in to bushcraft and I just worry I am missing a trick or something obvious.
Looks like I will just take the plunge and see how I get on. 👍

Jan 27, 2012
Cheshire
I can light a fire using a fire steel and birch bark. Happy to sleep out in a tent and cook on a fire.
However non of my mates are in to bushcraft and I just worry I am missing a trick or something obvious.
Looks like I will just take the plunge and see how I get on. 👍

I'm pretty much the same in the same boat. Ive been wanting to do one of their courses for a while and this one coming up fitted in nicely. See you there 👍

Mar 5, 2016
leeds
Hi, I was wondering how you got on? I'm thinking about buying a place on the course as a gift for my girlfriend.
Cheers Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE