Nascar

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Just watching the Hamster doing NASCAR (while doing my email :rolleyes:). It looks soooooo much fun! You can get close, actually get to go round the circuit near flat out and in the pack, chat to the drivers. It's rough, they have fights to settle disputes instead of stewards inquiries ... loving it !!! But then Dad was a racing driver before WWII ...

Doh ... think I'm still a wild one at heart :D :cool: ... anyone else love this stuff?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I enjoy most motorsports Elen, F1 is a bit of a procession sometimes though.

Rallying is my choice, I've done a couple of amateur races in my time

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The stuff going on around the track look like a lot of fun, but the driving around an oval must get a bit boring at times.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I really enjoy motorsport, although Ive gone off F1. Nowadays they may as well paint a wall, watch it dry and give Sebastian Vettel some Champagne

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Bike racing for me every time ,,moto gp , wsb , bsb , tt , northwest 200 etc and its the best thing you can do with your clothes on :)

Elen Sentier

Yeah, F1 is a bit of a procession now and they don't allow you anywhere near the track. They still did when I was a kid and Dad took me to some, don't think it was called F1 then either. Had boyfriends who rallied Minis around woods in the middle of the night and did hill-climbs, they took me as navigator, it was an amazing rush !!!

Jag, I also had several biker boyfriends :rolleyes:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Don't get to watch NASCAR much but when I do, I love it. Still enough accidents (and unfortunately, the occasional fatatlity) to keep it far from boring. I do like what the acronym stands for too: Non Athletic Sport Created Around Rednecks.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Didn't know the acronym :D

LOL. It's a running joke. But NASCAR (more properly spelled NaSCaR) really is an acronym. The real meaning is: National Stock Car Racing. It originated by turning a profession (smuggling moonshine by outrunning law enforcement cars) into a sport.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE