Nanok Endurance -0

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
M

Mungo

I know a few places are doing the -10 for a really good deal, but it's really a -0 I'm after, does anyone know where you can get as good a deal on a -0 ?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Hi Tahr,

I'm on the look out for one at the moment too.

Personally I'm thinking of going with Trek Direct since I know they will remove the VAT for me , so it will work out £42.55 which is pretty decent i think.

http://trekdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Sleeping_Bags.html

I think "Outdoor Code" had a decent price too, but I also emailed "Genuine Army Surplus" asking if they had any "-0" in stock, since they're doing great prices on the "-10" at the mo. No reply from them yet tho :(

Cheers
Carlo

M

Mungo

Hmmm, I'm keener on a -10 to be honest, but I don't think I'd fit comfortably in one. I'm just over 6'5" and pretty big with it. I know the -0 is supposed to be a bigger bag but I think I'd still might struggle with the length maybe, but still it's such a good deal I'd be willing to give it a try !

Let me know how you go with Genuine Army Surplus please if you don't mind.

Thanks.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Hi Tahr,

I seem to remember a post some while ago by British Red, who had received information to the effect that Nanok were closing down their UK operation, and so stock held here in the UK was being sold off at bargain prices by retailers (don’t quite understand the logic of that).

I've just had a quick look and I can't find an Endurance 0° for anything under 70 quid. I think you may missed-out on the bargains.

However, Alpkit do good down bags, and the good news is they do them in three lengths. The largest is recommended for users of 207cm maximum in length (height) which is about 4½ inches taller than you are. The AlpineDream 500 has a comfort rating of -5°C and at £90 including VAT and delivery (it also includes a compression sack and a large sack for long term uncompressed storage) isn’t that much more than the available stocks of the Endurance 0°C. I have one, they’re very comfortable, and if you’re tempted you can find detailed information here:
http://www.alpkit.com/alpinedream/

And detailed dimensions here:
http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16157&category_id=253

Best regards,
Paul.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Hi. Genuine army surplus have a nanok -10 for £40 if you didn't already no. As for size mate i am 6''4 and built like a brick s**thouse and i aint even stopped growing :lmao: :eek: and my nanok -10 is very roomy for me.

And yes nanok are closing down operations for the UK i think a couple of people mentioned it in the other nanok kit chatter threads (baffles me why). so if you brought one it may be a sound investment (i brought two)

M

Mungo

Hi. Genuine army surplus have a nanok -10 for £40 if you didn't already no. As for size mate i am 6''4 and built like a brick s**thouse and i aint even stopped growing :lmao: :eek: and my nanok -10 is very roomy for me.

Just how much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking ? I'm trying to get a idea of just how big you are in relation to me. I'm hyourge !

M

Mungo

Hi Tahr,

I seem to remember a post some while ago by British Red, who had received information to the effect that Nanok were closing down their UK operation, and so stock held here in the UK was being sold off at bargain prices by retailers (don’t quite understand the logic of that).

I've just had a quick look and I can't find an Endurance 0° for anything under 70 quid. I think you may missed-out on the bargains.

However, Alpkit do good down bags, and the good news is they do them in three lengths. The largest is recommended for users of 207cm maximum in length (height) which is about 4½ inches taller than you are. The AlpineDream 500 has a comfort rating of -5°C and at £90 including VAT and delivery (it also includes a compression sack and a large sack for long term uncompressed storage) isn’t that much more than the available stocks of the Endurance 0°C. I have one, they’re very comfortable, and if you’re tempted you can find detailed information here:
http://www.alpkit.com/alpinedream/

And detailed dimensions here:
http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16157&category_id=253

Best regards,
Paul.

Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it. I'd already discovered Alpkit stuff through this website and I was quite tempted, but I've recently had a little girl and to be honest I'm not really going to get out as much as I'd like, and I can't really justify £90 on a bag that isn't going to get used all that much.

I might go for the Nanok -10 if it's roomy enough, it sounds a steal. Still, I might just get tempted by Alpkit again, you never know......

M

Mungo

Personally I'm thinking of going with Trek Direct since I know they will remove the VAT for me , so it will work out £42.55 which is pretty decent i think

On second thoughts, £42.55 delivered doesn't sound too bad.....

M

Mungo

... but you'll have to add VAT to that figure (unless you live in the channel islands;) )

icon10.gif

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Sorry about that Tahr.. that's a special deal, just for little old me ;)
You poor people and your VAT ;)

"Anthonyyy" posted a reply on other thread about how big the 0 is.
Looks like it does compress down a fair bit, so i might get one of those too.

Bushcraft4life

Settler
Dec 31, 2006
London
Just how much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking ? I'm trying to get a idea of just how big you are in relation to me. I'm hyourge !

16 and a half stone the last time i looked and that was last year. I am now two inches taller and have put on a lot more muscle (bodybuilding is fun :rolleyes: ) so that could be closer to 17 and a half or 18 now :eek:

Jamie

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Thanks for all the info, I really appreciate it. I'd already discovered Alpkit stuff through this website and I was quite tempted, but I've recently had a little girl and to be honest I'm not really going to get out as much as I'd like, and I can't really justify £90 on a bag that isn't going to get used all that much.

I might go for the Nanok -10 if it's roomy enough, it sounds a steal. Still, I might just get tempted by Alpkit again, you never know......

Cool, the babe comes first :)

Best regards,
Paul.

M

Mungo

Shiny stuff from Alpkit.
icon10.gif

Giancarlo, I tried ordering the -0 from Trek Direct and they didn't have any left.
icon9.gif

Looks like it might have to be the -10 then....

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Shiny stuff from Alpkit.
icon10.gif

OK, thanks. I thought they were unbreakable eating and drinking utensils for the baby :D (not far wrong) ...:thinkerg: …now that could be a good way of sneaking kit into the house ;)

I clearly don’t know the Alpkit site as well as I should :)

Best regards,
Paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE