N.E Scotland 2nd meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
Back home now, great weekend.
Thanks CBJ, for organising again.
Great to see everyone that came, including some new faces.
Hope everyone else had as much fun :)

Hi Lawrence welcome to the forum.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Fantastic weekend, and definitely big thanks to Craig again for organising. Chaz- your a worthy bannock opponent!

Great to put more faces to names and slowly ensuring Tree swingers take over the world! Photos to follow (promise!)

Calurix

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 12, 2010
Moray, Scotland
Thanks CBJ for organizing this,thoughly enjoyed my time at the meet. From the skills learnt the kids lit the fire this evening with liquid resin, a bit of twisted grass (from the back pocket of my trousers found just before wifey chucked them in the washing machine) and a few feather sticks. Myself and mini me are also going to make an Atlatl top marks for showing this CBJ.

ATB,
Calurix

Last edited:

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hi folks.

No problems it was a pleasure.

I would like to thank everybody who came. I had a brilliant weekend and it was good to meet you all (old faces and new)

Caulrix: good stuff, it is great to hear that people have learned something then have gone on to try it out for themselves.

Better start planning the next one lol.

I will put up a new thread for the photos.

all the best

Craig

Fantastic weekend, and definitely big thanks to Craig again for organising. Chaz- your a worthy bannock opponent!

Great to put more faces to names and slowly ensuring Tree swingers take over the world! Photos to follow (promise!)

Are you saying my attempt at bannock making wasnt good enough? :p At least I got 1 vote though. :)

Think I crisped it a little too much, not done a bannock outside before so a bit different from using the oven in the kitchen.

Definately you two had amazing bannocks, and the maple syrup was a nice addition. But it was interesting trying the sweetcorn bannock. :)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Fair point actually.... Everyone's bannocks were pretty nice and would have had no probs demolishing them all!

I'm now going to try and trawl the boot sales and brick-a- brack shops for a skillet and a large pan like Dave's....surely the biggest frying pan known to man!!

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Lol that frying pan was something else wasnt it. I have to say all entries into the bannock comp were excellent.

Craig

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE